skymama

What's for dinner?

To continue today's theme...

Salmon in Baja Chipotle marinade
Fresh Spinach Wild Rice
Corn

The fresh spinach rice was a new recipe and is really yummy if anyone wants the recipe. I cooked the salmon on the George Forman grill. The best part is that this dinner only took 10 minutes to cook and cost less than $5 a serving. B|

Dinner's done, the boy is washing the dishes and now I'm continuing to drink the Shiraz I had with it. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm thinking:

Satay chicken skewers
Spinach salad
Risotto

But I'll have to go get feta cheese and wine first which is okay since the chicken has to thaw anyway!

:)
Edited to add - pic of said dinner (sans skewers - forgot to get them when I went out for feta and wine!)
'Shell

Im coming to your house for dinner.

Im not feeling like cooking, and not that interested pub food tonight. hmmm....
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Any left overs, I just got home and don't feel like cookin'

Yes, but you have to beat my daughter home. She gets off work at 10. Then, you have to come up with a good reason for why you ate her dinner. :ph34r:
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's gringo Mexican night here. Ground turkey and kidney beans in a spicy "taco" sauce, "spanish" rice from a box, grated cheddar cheese and salsa from a jar all wrapped up in flour tortillas.

Yum. And there's always leftovers so tomorrow's lunch and dinner will be yum as well. B|

Any left overs, I just got home and don't feel like cookin'

Yes, but you have to beat my daughter home. She gets off work at 10. Then, you have to come up with a good reason for why you ate her dinner. :ph34r:

let's see, 1200 miles, 4 hours, uh yeah I should be able to make it....DOH, I forgot to take an hour off for changing time zones...dammit;)
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

You're such a good gringo! I take shortcuts all the time using boxed, canned and jared stuff. The marinade I used was Lawry's from a bottle. The best part was that it was buy 1 get 1 free!

Boxed, canned and jarred are shortcuts? Hm. That's the only way I know how to cook.

Now that you mention it...me too! That's the only way I know how to bake too. :ph34r: But, every time I make brownies from the box, they all get eaten. So, why spend the extra time making them from scratch, right?

That sounds great! How are the chicken skewers made?

SUPER easy!

Chicken breast (boneless, skinless, about 1lb)
Sliced in strips (should make about 8 strips)
1/4 cup Catalina dressing
3 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
1/4 cup chopped green onions

Mix dressing, PB and soy sauce in large bowl. Add chicken, toss to coat. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to marinade (or longer!)

Thread chicken evenly onto 8 wooden skewers (SOAK first) or metal skewers

EITHER preheat broiler and cook about 4 to 6 inches from heat for about 4 minutes on each side or BBQ (about same length of time on medium to medium high heat) or BAKE at 350oF for about 20 mins

Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and green onions

Serve with rice, risotto or WHATEVER you like!

VERY yummy and very easy!

Edited to add - I ended up BAKING these at about 350oF instead of broiling them. My yappy aunt called JUST after I put them in to broil ... 20 minutes on the phone with her and dinner was done JUST right!
'Shell

Homemade black bean quesadillas.

Last night was more gourmet. I did balsamic chicken breast stuffed with feta & sundried tomato with sauteed peppers, onions, and tomato. mmmmm.

The dogs hd the usual. Eukanuba with anti-gas pills for Jazzy and fish oil for their coats/skin. :D

Homemade black bean quesadillas.

Last night was more gourmet. I did balsamic chicken breast stuffed with feta & sundried tomato with sauteed peppers, onions, and tomato. mmmmm.

The dogs hd the usual. Eukanuba with anti-gas pills for Jazzy and fish oil for their coats/skin. :D

THAT sounds yummy (the CHICKEN breast, not the anti-gas pills)! :D

Got a recipe for it that you'd like to share??
'Shell

it's easy. defrosted two chicken breasts, and made a pocket in the top of them. stuffed it with feta cheese and cut up sun dried tomatos. put some olive oil in an oven safe saute pan and saute the onions and bell peppers in a bit of garlic to taste. When onions are cooked and peppers are soft, toss in a can of diced tomato (drained) and some extra sun dried tomato. I throw a little oregano in there and balsamic vinegar. I go heavy on the balsamic vinegar, but I love it. preheat the oven to about 375. toss the uncooked chicken breasts on top of the peppers and onion mix, sprinkle with paprika & black pepper, toss some more balsamic vinegar on top and ptu in the oven for about 30 minutes or so. I cook uncovered the first half then cover it up to keep moist. I also toss some extra feta in with the peppers sometimes.

it's easy. defrosted two chicken breasts, and made a pocket in the top of them. stuffed it with feta cheese and cut up sun dried tomatos. put some olive oil in an oven safe saute pan and saute the onions and bell peppers in a bit of garlic to taste. When onions are cooked and peppers are soft, toss in a can of diced tomato (drained) and some extra sun dried tomato. I throw a little oregano in there and balsamic vinegar. I go heavy on the balsamic vinegar, but I love it. preheat the oven to about 375. toss the uncooked chicken breasts on top of the peppers and onion mix, sprinkle with paprika & black pepper, toss some more balsamic vinegar on top and ptu in the oven for about 30 minutes or so. I cook uncovered the first half then cover it up to keep moist. I also toss some extra feta in with the peppers sometimes.

YUMMY YUM YUM! You hit on some of my favourites! Feta, balsamic, onions and peppers! I will DEFINITELY try this (maybe this weekend!)

Thanks! :)
'Shell