grue

I'm bored. Ask me anything about anything and I'll probably give an honest answer.

What is the meaning of life?

Are we really causing global warming?

Which is the stronger sex?

Is UF really cheating when it comes to recruiting?

Meaning of life: 42, according to Douglas Adams. As for my view, the meaning of life is to enjoy it while it lasts. You've probably got 80 years, the first ten are wasted, and the last 15 are spent getting up four times a night to piss. Use the remaining 55 wisely.

Global warming: My personal view is that it's a cycle, and we can't do a damned thing, nor do I particularly care. That having been said, that is only my opinion, and I could be wrong. I have been in the past, and I will be in the future.

Stronger sex: Men are physically stronger, but women could have the mental strength edge if they wanted to.

I have no idea what UF is.
cavete terrae.

Why is Orange like the most badass color ever?

Because oranges are tasty, and while pineapple is better, it's not a colour. That having been said, I prefer royal blue… which is ironic, because I think the idea of royalty is stupid and outdated.
cavete terrae.

The water pressure in my kitchen sink faucet has recently decreased. I believe it is due to sediment but I don't know how to get the damn thing apart to clean it out. Do you know?

Chris

If you're in a given situation, and your opinion tells you to react one way, and your sense of right and wrong tells you to react another way, you tend to err on the side of fairness. This much we've already established.

So my question is, if you desire so much to be fair that you have to choose one instinct over the other, are you not actually being unfair to yourself, thus negating your desire to be fair in the first place?

The water pressure in my kitchen sink faucet has recently decreased. I believe it is due to sediment but I don't know how to get the damn thing apart to clean it out. Do you know?

Chris

Cut the waterflow before working. Take off the bottom pipe. Submerge the faucet itself in a large bucket of water. Connect a shop vacuum to the pipe under the sink, and then suck the water through the faucet backwards, thereby pulling the sediment out. Take this opportunity to clean out the U-Bend, too.
cavete terrae.

If you're in a given situation, and your opinion tells you to react one way, and your sense of right and wrong tells you to react another way, you tend to err on the side of fairness. This much we've already established.

So my question is, if you desire so much to be fair that you have to choose one instinct over the other, are you not actually being unfair to yourself, thus negating your desire to be fair in the first place?

I am but one person, and what's right for me is only the right decision if the detrimental effects of making that decision on others are not considered to be unacceptable.

For example: I'm making dinner for eight people, and I decided to make my (fucking awesome) stuffed deep dish pizza. Several hours before everyone is to arrive, one of my guests calls me to inform me that she does not like mushrooms, and would I kindly leave them out of her portion?

In this example, that's not an unreasonable request, as I can leave mushrooms out of part of the pizza, and mark the pizza in such a way so I know which portion doesn't have mushrooms. This is easy and will create a situation that makes everyone happy… even though it is my opinion that my pizza without mushrooms is like cereal without milk

However, if HypotheticalGuest calls 20 minutes after I have already put the pizzas in the oven, there's very little I can do at this point. While this is unfair to her, it wouldn't be fair to me, or the other guests, if I had to take the pizza out of the oven and dismantle it to take out an ingredient.

Make any sense at all?
cavete terrae.

Why is that we Drive on Parkways and we Park on Driveways??

Why are they called "Apartments" when in reality they all Stuck together??

Who is the absolute HOTTEST Chick on DZ.com. (Must pick one and only one).

1. Because the english language is nonsensical in any number of ways, and that example is just one of them.

2. It's from the french for "sectional living"

3. I had a crush on freeflynNicki for quite some time. At this point, I haven't really been keeping tabs on who's hot and who's not.
cavete terrae.

… or I'll tell a convincing lie.

I'm pulling an all nighter to reset my sleep clock, and I'm in the toughest part of it, help me out :D

Give us your opinion on These.

They're interesting. Wombats are way cooler, however.
cavete terrae.

Agreed on all counts. Last I heard she was taken though.[:/]

I wouldn't know, last time I was in contact with her was… um... almost a year and a half ago, I believe. I probably scared her off. Let's just say that wouldn't cost me a case of beer.
cavete terrae.

Do you find it odd that Simply wears orange....everyday.

Only a little. There are stranger things to be obsessive about.

What is your favorite season?

To be honest, I couldn't pick one.

I love summer because I can go to the beach, get my tan, and girls are in skimpy clothes… and of course the most consistent jump weather

I love spring because I love storms.

I love autumn because I love to wear comfy jeans and a hooded sweatshirt, and that's totally the best season for that.

I love winter because that's when I can ski, and skiing is the only activity that I put in the same category as skydiving when it comes to how much I need it to live.
cavete terrae.

Why is it that an electron has an equal yet opposite charge of a proton, even though the electron is about 1800 times smaller than a proton?
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns