yardhippie

WTF is up with spring colds?

So starts day 3. I feel better today, but still cannot breathe out of my nose. The fever was gone by yesterday AM. It all started Sunday at lunch, I went from feeling fine and drinking Sake, to feeling like a bag of smashed assholes in about an hour.
So what is is?

Me? I blame the fuckers that keep coming into work sick. Im thinking "fuck man go home". But then 5 days later. Im fucking sick. Bastages!>:(
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

yeah we're cold here.. 26 degrees... CELCIUS.

no not "cold" like the absence of heat.
Cold, as in, sick, a viral infection of the mucos membranes and/or body.
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

We in Georgia have added issues with the pollen. Our bodies are in overdrive trying to fight off all that, then add the germies- eventually the body just says F-it, I'm taking a vacation, you are on your own.

Of course, drinking, staying out late, partying, has nothing to do with killing our immune systems.
:D

This may sound silly, but try and drink as much water as you can. It really does help filter stuff out. And doesn't hurt to take some vitamins or make sure you eat some healthy stuff like fruit and veggies. Stay away from cheese/dairy when sick, and heavy meals.

I blame allergies on spring colds. Lots of people let their allergies get the best of them and it turns into a cold.
Thus the reason I no longer let my allergies get the best of me.

But then there are the full blown colds. I don't know it's spring, people are hanging out more.

I still blame allergies.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

We in Georgia have added issues with the pollen. Our bodies are in overdrive trying to fight off all that, then add the germies- eventually the body just says F-it, I'm taking a vacation, you are on your own.

Of course, drinking, staying out late, partying, has nothing to do with killing our immune systems.
:D

This may sound silly, but try and drink as much water as you can. It really does help filter stuff out. And doesn't hurt to take some vitamins or make sure you eat some healthy stuff like fruit and veggies. Stay away from cheese/dairy when sick, and heavy meals.

well, for all my "bad habits" I still take a multi-vitamin and a B-complex daily. As soon as I start feeling sick, I pile on the vitamin C. Generally 1000mg per day followed with massive amounts of OJ and water. then add in some chicken noodle soup with LOTS of garlic. That generally helps me through. Mostly. [:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

So starts day 3. I feel better today, but still cannot breathe out of my nose. The fever was gone by yesterday AM. It all started Sunday at lunch, I went from feeling fine and drinking Sake, to feeling like a bag of smashed assholes in about an hour.
So what is is?

Me? I blame the fuckers that keep coming into work sick. Im thinking "fuck man go home". But then 5 days later. Im fucking sick. Bastages!>:(

Sweety maybe you are just getting allergies as you get older. That's what is happening to me...[:/]

So what is is?

Sweety maybe you are just getting allergies as you get older. That's what is happening to me...[:/]

Nope not allergies. Had a fever ( low grade). Plus, If allergies were going to be an issue they'd have flaired up when we had the smog of pollen a few weeks ago.

Working in an office with sick people + 5-7 day incubation period = sick hippie. [:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm happy that all I have at the moment is a cold. While in Okinawa visiting my brother and his family everyone got sick. My sister-in-law had a stomach and chest thing, my brother had a chest thing, one nephew had croup with a touch of bronchitis, other nephew had croup with a touch of pnemonia and my niece had a cold. Somehow I managed to stay healthy until I got home though.

Be glad you've only got a cold.. think of all the college kids on spring break getting STD's.. :D:S

I started going to a wellness chiropractor a few months ago. Listen to this... your nervous system controls all of your other systems.. cardiovascular, digestive, *immune*. Your nervous system runs through your spine. If there are any misalignments in your spine, they will cause an interruption between your brain and your other systems. Therefore.. having a healthy spine is the basis of having a healthy body. Its an overall wellness process.
And my neck doesnt hurt anymore. :)

awww...poor thing...here's something to make you feel better.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=82768;

I do feel a bit better now.
Thank you! :)

Kitty: I used to only get sick once every two or so years, but it was bad sick, bronchitis or worse. then I started getting sick every year. Now, I'm up to about 3 times a year. Its more annoying than anything. Tired, sniffly, and headaches.
I should be cruisin through the spring, yet here I am, just wanting to lay on the couch. [:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

For me it's usually allergies that make me more susceptible to getting a cold.

Well, what ever it is, I dont like it.
I think a large intake of alcohol should do it. yes. Vodka, and lots of it. [:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I think a large intake of alcohol should do it. yes. Vodka, and lots of it. [:/]

Now you are starting to think like me. :)

Ive always thought this, just the past few nights my drink of choice has been nyquil. :|

You and I should not be left alone to our own devices. We'll drink the city dry. :D
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

day 12 for me now
B|>:(B|

Friday I was celebrating my first jumps of the year! Spring!!!
started Sat. 07 with feeling like -

a bag of smashed assholes

Made it to dz for a jump late afternoon Sat.- drank large absolute....which i figure lowered my resistance to what i call:
"the gangus rhino mucous cacka-"
the over abundance of snot and raw nose has become bronc chest cough with major flem- joy.
Wasted off and on with a fever, keeps feeling like i am over it- and it comes back with vengence.....

i can blame it on the 8 other people with it at the dz--my first flu with head cold/ sinus to lungs in many many years...

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.