BillyVance

New kitchen cabinets are going in!

DAMN look at you go Billy.... serious.... do you want to come to California and do ours next winter????

Nice work!!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

More pictures after the end of today's work....

521: on the far wall, you see the empty space. That's where the stove/oven will go, with the microwave oven just above it. The sink will be right under the window with the dishwasher just right of it.

523: on the wall directly opposite the window with the sink, are cabinets. Nothing but wall to wall and floor to ceiling (almost) of cabinets. We actually have way too much cabinet space. But hey, we never had enough to begin with in the old kitchen so what the hell. If we ever move, this house will be an easy sell. ;)

524: The island. Half of it houses the kitchen garbage container, which was included by the cabinet manufacturer... how nice! :D It's not in its final position yet, see the yellow power cable coming out of the floor? I'm putting two sets of 120 volt power outlets, one on each end in the corners behind the back edge of the drawers. There's just enough room to put them in, barely. You can never have enough power outlets in the kitchen, and these will come in handy for the electric mixer and other power appliances.

525: Another look at the front wall with the sink, dishwasher and refrigerator spaces. Cabinets are from Kraftmaid, maple wood with Toffee stain.

I should have all the cabinets finished by Friday, and maybe the countertop by next week along with the new appliances in place. There will be a backsplash covering the wall from the top of the counter to the bottom of the upper cabinets. No painting or final touchups needed. I hate finishing drywall. The backsplash will be the same pattern as the countertop. I have a sample but will post it tomorrow.

I just hope I'm not too sore and tired to jump this Saturday. The weather looks like it will finally be nice! :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i was wondering just yesterday... how your remodel was going...i recall when you posted about tearing up the old floor...
. looks great... nice cabinets beautiful floor...
heat run in the toekick....lazy susan....
I installed pre made cabinets for a few years, in the mid '70's...and then the counters..usually formica, back then.. but we did get into Corian from time to time and were just starting to see stone... I worked on alot of NEW home construction, AND some remodeling...;)
Keep 'em level, keep 'em square, be SURE where your studs are,, and pre-drill all your drive screw locations, especially between cabinet stiles...
and the results are just as your pictures show....:)Nice use of the holding bar, and I see you recognize the value of a 4 foot level:PB|;):)
[:/]...the uppers seem pretty close to the ceiling. are you planning on a soffit and cove mouldings to close that in??? or will it stay open for displaying things???:|

what's the deal for the counters???will they have a 4 inch backsplash, which then turns into your full wall backsplash?? or does the wall splash, run right down to the top of the base cabinets???, with the counter then scribed against it...
either way,,,
keep On keepin' on....
jmy

the uppers seem pretty close to the ceiling. are you planning on a soffit and cove mouldings to close that in??? or will it stay open for displaying things???:|

what's the deal for the counters???will they have a 4 inch backsplash, which then turns into your full wall backsplash?? or does the wall splash, run right down to the top of the base cabinets???, with the counter then scribed against it...
either way,,,
keep On keepin' on....
jmy

The top of the upper cabinets will have another panel to run to the ceiling with a large crown moulding tacked on. That shit is expensive.... :S

But yes, the countertop will be laminated wood with a 4 inch backsplash, with the matching laminate panel covering the rest of the wall up to the upper cabinets. I wanted Corian, but that would have busted my budget and not left enough money for the new stove/oven and microwave.

Besides, I need to jump sometimes too! :P However, I feel that with a full 180 degree rounded bullnose on the counter edge, the laminate technology these days have improved a lot since the old counter top's time. This time there's no exposed manufactured wood left open to the ravages of moisture.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban