jumpintoit

lets treat packers like crap

These petty inferences that all packers are low lifes are starting to irritate me.
When I'm at the DZ I'm up at 6:00 am every day...

So I can beat the racoons to the dumpster.:ph34r::ph34r:

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

SO what about a packer who jumps. is he at the top or the bottom. and this ain't india

Still at the bottom, it's not like being a packer washes off or anything, this ain't Kansas either Toto! [:/]

~ "Pack Fast, Pull Low... and Date Your Riggers WIFE!" ~

Damn, where do you work? There are 2.5 packers at our DZ and we are all treated very well by every jumper there. They all know we pack well, we care, and we bust our asses all day long to keep loads flying and keep everyone in the air. We even throw all of our tips in a jar and every summer host a Customer Appreciation Day... last year we bought the DZ a very nice new grill and bought enough surf/turf, beer, and sides to feed everyone.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Smart ass! You know I adore my packers, and usually greet them with a hug. :P

What a nice way of saying....Checking them for weapons! :ph34r:

:D:D Awww...come on...you mean, they don't like me grabbing their ass or rubbing their chest? They think I'm checking them for weapons. Damn! :|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

> why is it that most jumpers treat packers like dung?

In my experience most jumpers do not treat packers badly. Some people are dicks to everyone, and packers are no different - but fortunately those people are in the minority.

>I think that packers are very hard working jumpers who get very
>little respect if any. i am courious as to why.

Respect has to be earned. I tend to treat packers like anyone else i.e. I'm polite to them and don't yell and scream unless there's a good reason. And once I get to know them better, often I have a lot of respect for them as well.

When I'm at the DZ I'm up at 6:00 am every day...

So I can beat the racoons to the dumpster

I thought it was so nobody would see you doing the walk of shame back to your own trailer.:D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

SO what about a packer who jumps. is he at the top or the bottom. and this ain't india

I'm not trying to offend you... I'm just saying... most often, I think it's a little bit of a seniority thing between the experienced vets and the newbie packers... if you're not a newbie, then I don't know... sorry....
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

Does the .5 packer just do half ass work?

Nope, he just spends more time talking than packing, so ends up packing 1/2 as much as we do. Plus he has the nerve to be moving in 2 weeks so won't be around much to pack any more:S We'll miss him. Even if he does talk too much. I had to use the phrase 'shut up and pack' entirely too much last summer!:P

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I love my packers. They work hard and take care of me and I feel that Im pretty generous in return (as far as tipping). I always do the please and thank yous, etc. It all boils down to treat people how you want to be treated.

* this may have been said already but I didnt read the whole thread, sorry
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

...I know, I'm just a 'Fearful Ole Fossil' for taking all the 'thrill of the unknown' out of the opening sequence.:)

OK, tell us somthing we don't know:P

Hey my smokes are missing tooB|
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."