BlueSkiesKel

Windows Vista.. thhhhhhbbbbbbbbbbt

ok, so I got a new laptop and the standard system it came with was the new windows vista, so I didnt think anything of it, I didnt change it to XP professional like i'm used to, I figured they knew what they were doing and it'd be all good, right?
WRONG>:(
i dunno, but i just dont like this vista crap, half the programs i want to run wont run on it, i cant install my adobe acrobat that i have bc its not compatible, and i just plain dont like it.. grrrr, i think i actually want to send it back and tell them to put XP on it, just so i dont have to deal with the hassle

anyone else annoyed by the vista?

my mom had bought a new computer and asked me to help her set it up. .. within 1 hour of using it and trying to get everything working, i was ready to chuck it out the window. ... she returned the computer.

i know, its been a hassle.. i just dont know if i want to take the time to pack this laptop back up and send it back to ibm and all that crap, if it was as easy as takin it to a store then i'd do it, but i dont think i can do that

I always wait at least a year after MS releases each new version before I buy it. They need time to work all the bugs out of it. I just don't want to deal with the shit before they do.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm not having any issues. But it all seems to be cosmetic changes. Once you find the standard stuff that's "here" when it used to be "there", it's pretty insignificant. It might be a little prettier, but I don't know if it worth the extra draw on the RAM

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I can't see why you blame Vista for not working when the software you're trying to install isn't a Vista compatible version (I'm assuming).

It's the same mentality of those who bash Vista because of bad drivers written by companies like *cough*creative labs*cough* :)
That said I've had zero problems with older Adobe products on Vista but I do not use Illustrator.

Blues,
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

Microsoft has completely screwed the pooch with Vista. Go back to XP, people will not be moving over any time soon, Vista will be the longest product transition in Microsoft's history, it may even outclass "Windows me" as a total clusterf*&%k.

The major OEMs have already given in and put XP back as an option.

i know, its been a hassle.. i just dont know if i want to take the time to pack this laptop back up and send it back to ibm and all that crap, if it was as easy as takin it to a store then i'd do it, but i dont think i can do that

If you don't have a problem with partitioning your HD, i would recommend it to install XP on..or installing a second HD, but since you said you have a laptop, Partitioning is more likely.. at least this way you can decide which OS you want to do work in at the time being.. I use partition magic myself, just watch how you set it up and read the directions!!

NOTE: you can also use the Vista boot loader to let you decide which OS to use at boot up, but you will have had to installed XP first and then Vista on one partition only, this is only if you HAVE NOT partitioned your HD.... also, be careful as to not overwrite your Vista boot manager if you install XP over Vista, it will mess up the boot loader..
Good Luck,,
and yeah,, VISTA sucks!!! only good its useful for, is,, ugh,, hmmm i gotta think about this........

yeah breative does write some crappy drivers,

i havent really played with or payed much atention to vista yet, but i dont understand why the software wouldn work on the new system, i would take a look and see if you can make it more like XP by turning off all the bells and whistles, like how you can make the start bar in xp, 3.1 style. may work, ... ... is there a "run in XP mode" block in the settings? hmm dunno need to play with it
Fly it like you stole it

I'll agree on this one. Every new "major" OS upgrade from Microsoft has prompted me to go with a multiple partition / multiple OS system.

You'll be much happier that way and can ease into the Vista-hell.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I always wait at least a year after MS releases each new version before I buy it. They need time to work all the bugs out of it. I just don't want to deal with the shit before they do.

In that case it sounds like you'll be dying of old age before you adopt a MS release.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.