GogglesnTeeth

Have you ever eaten...

Ok, random thoughts based on another thread. Have you ever eaten those "steaks" that you can buy on the street from "some guy." A few years ago, my neighbor bought a few steaks from some guy he met at his job. They were all packaged, sealed, frozen, etc... but we were not 100% sure they were beef. He cooked one, and didn't know for sure. He gave me one, I cooked it, and I wasn't sure either. We discussed, he didn't want the rest of them, so I took them and ate them all in the matter of a few days. I lived, but I'm still not sure what exactly they were made of. :S
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Try travelling internationally. I have eaten things I still don't know what they were. In Afghanistan they have vendors who sell kebabs grilled right there in front of you but no idea what kind of meat it is (only that its not pork).
Order a steak in France it may very well be horse meat. Order the same in Cambodia it could be anything from dog to bat. Order the same in Lombok it may be "long pig", which would make you a cannibal.
I pointed at a selection on the menu at a restaraunt in China and ended up with a plate full of duck feet (I think they were duck) and some kind of black bean sauce...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Try travelling internationally. I have eaten things I still don't know what they were. In Afghanistan they have vendors who sell kebabs grilled right there in front of you but no idea what kind of meat it is (only that its not pork).
Order a steak in France it may very well be horse meat. Order the same in Cambodia it could be anything from dog to bat. Order the same in Lombok it may be "long pig", which would make you a cannibal.
I pointed at a selection on the menu at a restaraunt in China and ended up with a plate full of duck feet (I think they were duck) and some kind of
black bean sauce...

WOW,
Even I draw the line.... somewhere! :S:S
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

A year or so ago, one of the news-mag shows (20/20 or Primetime Live) bought fish at various stores, then took it to a lab to have it analyzed. The conclusion was that 2/3 of the fish you buy really is the species named on the package.:|

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Absolutely! One time when I was in Japan, I spent half an hour wandering through a district before I found a restaurant (all of whom had outside picture menus) that served a picture of recognizable food! I didn't care - meat, fish - but I just wanted to have a vague clue of what picture I was pointing at!

Ok, random thoughts based on another thread. Have you ever eaten those "steaks" that you can buy on the street from "some guy." A few years ago, my neighbor bought a few steaks from some guy he met at his job. They were all packaged, sealed, frozen, etc... but we were not 100% sure they were beef. He cooked one, and didn't know for sure. He gave me one, I cooked it, and I wasn't sure either. We discussed, he didn't want the rest of them, so I took them and ate them all in the matter of a few days. I lived, but I'm still not sure what exactly they were made of. :S

No, my standards are higher than that. When in an English speaking country I want to KNOW what I'm eating.

Last week's meats included beef tongue (tender & mild), goat (not so tender but quite tasty), and monk fish liver.

This week we're going to dive into a box of squid from the Asian market. Yum!

When I hear " I had deliverys that got cancelled today and I have X hours before the meat goes bad. Yet, theres a generator running a freezer in the back of his truck." :|

Im not interested. Frozen beef is crap. :D

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Frozen beef is crap. :D

Well, the problem is... I was not 100% sure it was beef! :o

Well then, that makes two reasons to have not eaten it. :o:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Did you get the ones with the pre-inked stripes?

A cop-friend (sort of an oxymoron, I know) offered me and my buddies a box of steaks from out the back door of the jailhouse and asked if we wanted "with stripes or without stripes."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239