SpeedRacer

Does the weekend kinda begin on Thursday night?

the thing is, I'm supposed to go to a 8:30 AM lecture tomorrow morning by a certain PhD scientist. Who is nothing more than a TECHNICIAN!

She is the most boring scientist in the world. She will spend an entire lecture comparing different DNA isolation kits to show which one gives the best yield.

Frickin snooze fest. shit to be a scientist, you need to have some imagination. You need to know HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS! Damn, I don't know how she got her PhD, she is nothing more than a grind. Her seminars are NOTORIOUS for their irrelevance & banality. yet I'm required to be there.:(
fuck it maybe I'll just sleep in another hour & pretend to everyone I attended the seminar. Hell, they'll all have probably slept thru it themselves.
:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

the thing is, I'm supposed to go to a 8:30 AM lecture tomorrow morning by a certain PhD scientist. Who is nothing more than a TECHNICIAN!

She is the most boring scientist in the world. She will spend an entire lecture comparing different DNA isolation kits to show which one gives the best yield.

Frickin snooze fest. shit to be a scientist, you need to have some imagination. You need to know HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS! Damn, I don't know how she got her PhD, she is nothing more than a grind. Her seminars are NOTORIOUS for their irrelevance & banality. yet I'm required to be there.:(
fuck it maybe I'll just sleep in another hour & pretend to everyone I attended the seminar. Hell, they'll all have probably slept thru it themselves.
:P

Go, and blatantly sleep in the lecture. it always gets rave reviews.B|

Doing just that now. I can struggle through, knowing it's only eight short hours until the weekend, and as such if my boss notices how little I'm actually getting done today he'll have forgotten by Monday.

I've calmed down a lot though. When I was a Young And Angry Programmer, Thursday was happy hour night at all four of my favourite bars in town - consecutively. My friend and I worked for the same company, and on Friday mornings he and I would stumble in to work around ten, wordlessly go to our respective offices and turn the lights off. We'd then sit there in the dark and code all day, pausing only to go brew more coffee.

Eventually my boss took me aside one day and said, "Joel - what exactly is it that you and Mike do on Thursday nights?"
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Well, here it is. Thursday night & I went out for dinner & drinks w/ some friends.

The last two weeks have been grueling at work, but now things are easing up a bit. Plus my boss won't be in to work tomorrow.B|

So I say, that even though I have to work tomorrow, the WEEKEND BEGINS ON THURSDAY NIGHT!

anyone else?

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------