stefd

First Sabre spanking

Had my first spanking from my Sabre1 today,i've done around 60 jumps on it and it has around 200 in total.I've not had any real problems just an occasional brisk opening.Deployed Stable and had slowed down from a 3 sec track after a FW dive.Normally after opening it takes a couple of seconds to feel the snatch, but this was instant after throwing the pilot chute.Canopy turned 90 degrees to the right taking my torso with it and crossed the risers over, nearly bit through my tongue and i think i still have all my verterbrae.I Pulled the risers apart and cleared the twist and gave the canopy a good look to ensure the opening hadn't caused any cell damage.Everything was OK and i landed without incident.But that hurt hope it was only a one off.[:/]

Everything was OK and i landed without incident.But that hurt hope it was only a one off.[:/]

don't bank on it :S my old Sabre 1 would beat me down at random....... I think just because it could.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Had my first spanking from my Sabre1 today,i've done around 60 jumps on it and it has around 200 in total.I've not had any real problems just an occasional brisk opening.Deployed Stable and had slowed down from a 3 sec track after a FW dive.Normally after opening it takes a couple of seconds to feel the snatch, but this was instant after throwing the pilot chute.Canopy turned 90 degrees to the right taking my torso with it and crossed the risers over, nearly bit through my tongue and i think i still have all my verterbrae.I Pulled the risers apart and cleared the twist and gave the canopy a good look to ensure the opening hadn't caused any cell damage.Everything was OK and i landed without incident.But that hurt hope it was only a one off.[:/]

Do a search here.....anyway, call PD tell them the size of your slider and they'll recomend a new slider... buy it- night and day diff! PS- dont roll the nose after you put on the new slider from PD!

Do a search here.....anyway, call PD tell them the size of your slider and they'll recomend a new slider... buy it- night and day diff! PS- dont roll the nose after you put on the new slider from PD!

I had a question on why not to roll the nose after the install of the new slider. I recently had my sabre relined and ordered a new slider from PD. I still roll the nose and openings are comparable to the ones with the old slider. Will my openings be softer if i stop rolling the nose with the new slider?? Thanks for the input.

I had a question on why not to roll the nose after the install of the new slider. I recently had my sabre relined and ordered a new slider from PD. I still roll the nose and openings are comparable to the ones with the old slider. Will my openings be softer if i stop rolling the nose with the new slider?? Thanks for the input.

Speed of opening should be controlled by the slider.
You should not do any tricks.