MrBrant

I just made a delicious dessert!

So, I usually just stick to grilling steaks, and smearing garlic over everything I cook (as any man would), I decided that tonight I would make a dessert.

I had a box of pudding mix in the house - so I decided to make a Black-Forrest inspired pudding dish.

-The dark stuff is Jello fudge pudding
-the lighter stuff is pudding mixed with cool-whip
-Red centre is strawberries
- topped with cool whip, a strawberry, and Oreo cookie crumbs.

I think it turned out rather well! (although it didn't last long!)

Who else has a delicious creation to brag about?

Fruit Pizza

Glaze

2/3 cups Sugar
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1 cup Orange Juice

Mix together the sugar and cornstarch in a pan. Stir in orange juice and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let cool while you prepare the pizza.

Pizza

1 roll ready-made Refrigerator Sugar Cookies
2 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese
1/3 cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Vanilla
Various fruits (grapes, strawberries, bananas, kiwi, blackberries, etc.)

Slice the sugar cookies ¼ inch wide. Place on a 12-inch cake pan, sides touching. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until slightly browned. See package directions. Remove cookies onto a serving plate while still warm.

Soften cream cheese. (You can soften the covered cream cheese by defrosting in the microwave for two minutes.) Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and mix thoroughly.

Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled cookies.

Arrange the fruit on top of the cream cheese in an eye-appealing design. Brush fruit completely with cooled glaze.

Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I did this for a best friend's wedding last november. the cakes inside were triple chocolate pudding, and vanilla bean cream cake. It looked good and tasted GREAT. That cake was big enough for 100 people...there were only maybe 40-50 at the reception and there was 4 pieces left over...lol

btw...im a certified Sous Chef, and im highly considering take the certified Executive Pastry Chef course too :-)
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I did this for a best friend's wedding last november. the cakes inside were triple chocolate pudding, and vanilla bean cream cake. It looked good and tasted GREAT. That cake was big enough for 100 people...there were only maybe 40-50 at the reception and there was 4 pieces left over...lol

btw...im a certified Sous Chef, and im highly considering take the certified Executive Pastry Chef course too :-)

Wow! You are awesome! :o