dweeb

The Skywalk Experience at the Grand Canyon? Forget it!!

Isn't the walkway at Hualupai point, where you start the hike down to the Havasupai campgrounds?

The view from that point is really not so great.

I've been down to Havasupai 3 times, for 13 days total at the bottom. It is the best experience I've ever had backpacking. The dirt road is a great example of a washboard road that will destroy a vehicle.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

This is just a taste of what Havasu is about, this is not the Colorado River, it is a spring-fed creek with a lot of dissolved minerals that cause the cascading pools to form.

I will be back there again, someday with my sons.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Save Your Money On Skywalk Experience . . .

The only reason I would have considered going is to BASE jump from it. Since they have metal detectors, that shoots that idea down.

Wow, I originally thought you wrote all this.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Save Your Money On Skywalk Experience . . .

Wow, I originally thought you wrote all this.

Yes, if it wasn't direct personal experience, it shouldn't have been presented as such. That's misleading. In a court of law, a prosecuting attorney would holler out; "Objection your honor! This is hearsay, and inadmissable!"

It changes slightly on some of the links I posted...

Some say a 'friend' some say 'my brother' and others give a name...as if everyone knows 'Chris'...and his word is gold.:D

Actually a pretty good negative PR campaign, it's on a lotta sites as 'fact'...including THIS ONE! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I can attest to the fact that you wouldn't want to drive final part of the road to the Hualupai hilltop.

The Grand Canyon Caverns, however, are very cool, and are on the way - accessible from a paved road.

Some say a 'friend' some say 'my brother' and others give a name...as if everyone knows 'Chris'...and his word is gold.:D

Actually a pretty good negative PR campaign, it's on a lotta sites as 'fact'...including THIS ONE! :S

My work is fucking gold.

My work is fucking gold.

I heard your WORD is pretty good too! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Trying to get to the bottom of this...

The official website seems to be: http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/

But you get "connection failed" when you try and access it.

It occurs to me that this negative story propogation may just be a campaign by tree-huggers to try and hurt the skywalk business as a protest to the spoiling of the natural scenery.

It occurs to me that this negative story propogation may just be a campaign by tree-huggers to try and hurt the skywalk business as a protest to the spoiling of the natural scenery.

I'm in agreement that this looks like an intentional campaign to hurt the business, but it's quite a leap to blame a particular group or cause. Do you have evidence?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

says right on the website: tour $74.95...

Okay, the website is back up and running.

So the high price in the story is true. That is ridiculous.

But there doesn't seem to be any reason for someone to be uninformed about it and go into the trip without knowing what to expect.

Cancel my previous speculation about a disinformation campaign.

I would simply choose not to pay that price, and would view the Grand Canyon from alternative locations.

As for the washboard roads, whether that's worth the trouble to you is a personal decision. I made a long drive across such roads once to spend time in Chaco Canyon amidst ancient Indian pueblo ruins, and considered it darned well worth the trip.

The skywalk website makes reference to a Destination Grand Canyon web site, which, under a "Drive yourself" button, includes this warning:
"Park and Ride options: There is a 14 mile unpaved portion of the road leading to Grand Canyon West for a nominal fee you can leave the driving to us! You can park at the Grand Canyon West Welcome center and go by motorcoach into the Grand Canyon.
So, there's no reason to beat-up your own car if you don't want to. Although, they don't really tell you that the road is washboard rough.

With 50,000 visitors in their first two months of operation, they've got a gold mine there. They'll be able to pave that road in no time.

I guess the Indians are smart; but not so honest about all the details of the activity.

Those fuckers have been like that for a long time. The original settlers buy their country fair and square for a saddlebag of corn and some whiskey and they've been trying to con everyone ever since and aren't even willing to learn the new native language, Spanish.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

My dad and I drove by there last week and debated stopping, but I'd heard about the outrageous price on CNN, and he figured out from the map that we'd be doing a lot of driving on a dirt road, and in the end we just decided to keep on trucking. It sounds like we made the right decision.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.