thourb

ZP.exe 170 Main Canopy

Looking for a first main canopy here - have found this one:

It is a ZP.exe 170, one hundred jumps, DOM was September 2005. Apparently in good condition - no patches, lines are all good etc.

Seller wants £400 ($760) for it... Is this a good deal or would it be worth waiting for something else to come along?

there's on at my dz, they guy who flys it was a long time sabre owner who got it on a trial basis and bought one because he like dit, and the price was right. can't help you out as to whether or not that's a good deal (imho, it sounds good), but apparently it is a nice-flying wing.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

The ZP.EXE is made by Parachute Systems
http://www.parachutesystems.co.za/

Did my first 100 or so jumps on a 170.
Very nice canopy no complaints.
I can definitely recommend it

The price for a new one in ZAR is about R7000
This is currently $1000.

Secondhand will be about R4500 which is about $650
Looks like a fair deal.
Wingsuit South Africa

Anecdotally (I haven't jumped one, but I know a couple of people who have/do): Opens nicer than a Sabre1, has a steeper glide angle, and is otherwise a fine (if old) canopy.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

As I understand it, the ZP.exe is a Sabre1 copy. Not heard anything bad about it, and I know people that jump/have jumped 145 and 170s.

Have you checked the size with your instructors to make sure that a 170 is right for you?

I have checked, they said that I want something with a wingloading of about 1 to 1.1 - This canopy would give me a wingloading of 1.1 - so it should be OK.

Thanks for all your advice :)

I've put about 30 jumps on mine so far. Nice canopy, forgiving, great flares. I use mine as a second canopy.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"