RkyMtnHigh

Ultracet 325 mg

Grrrrr...I'm about a month into the 6-8 weeks of physical therapy. Days are okay but it's the nights and early mornings that are really rough. The MCL is really stiff, causing mega pain..I'm still taking the anti-inflammatory, Ultracet, and doing P.T...but damn it still feels like my MCL was hit with a baseball bat.B|

Before I had my cervical fusion surgery, I had about 7 weeks of Ultracet, alternating heat & ice, massage, sleeping with a tennis ball under my shoulder blade, blahblahblah. I added on Advil as well. I hate to break it to you but without narcotics or some mega muscle relaxers, you're going to feel pain all the freakin' time. The pain level varies, but that's the price if you don't want to take any narcotics. I'd say that 70% of the time, it was manageable, 20% pretty uncomfortable & 10% rolling around on the floor crying.

Sleep was erratic at best. I'd usually wake up twice to got get an ice pack and a pill. The ONLY good things about taking Ultracet was avoiding a nasty little addiction to a narcotic and fitting into a size 2 by the time is was all said and done. :D After surgery, presto! Back to a 6!!

Went for another followup today...the doc thinks that not only is my MCL torn, but so is my cartilege. He wants to continue rehab for 3 more weeks before opting for arthroscopic surgery. He's being conservative and wants to wait and see. Grrrrrrrr...this sucks! The anti-inflammatory I was on didn't do crap..lots of fluid still on my knee, so he changed meds to something stronger. Physical Therapy continues...

I've been patient and gritting my teeth thru this rehab period...and staying on the ground editing tandem videos and AFF videos and taking video and pics of landings...but hell, it's my birthday weekend this weekend and I'm seriously wanting to wear my hinged brace and jump anyway. Suck it up cupcake, right?;):D

I hope all goes well in the next few weeks for you. You know your limits with your knee and how it feels so make your decision based on that.

Have great bday weekend...:D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I am a Nurse - so do take this as professional advice/opinion. Just something to ask your doctor about.

Ultram is great, for mild to moderate pain such as post-op, esp. ortho.

If you are looking for something to hit a bit harder without the CNS side affects of narcotics look into Lodine. Combine it with the ultram (ultracet without the tylenol) and you may be better off.

Make sure you don't have an allergy to lodine or other NSAIDS. It is similar to Motrin, but I think it works better.

I am a Nurse - so do take this as professional advice/opinion. Just something to ask your doctor about.

Ultram is great, for mild to moderate pain such as post-op, esp. ortho.

If you are looking for something to hit a bit harder without the CNS side affects of narcotics look into Lodine. Combine it with the ultram (ultracet without the tylenol) and you may be better off.

Make sure you don't have an allergy to lodine or other NSAIDS. It is similar to Motrin, but I think it works better.

problem is she is already on mobic which is an anti-inflammatory although lodine does work better for some people.....just depends on the body chemistry. sounds like a talk with the ortho guy is in order....you need something to reduce your pain so it isn't making you so miserable.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!