SKYOCEAN

Terrible customer service!

I just wanted to tell everyone about the web site http://www.protechelmet.com/

I ordered a helmet from them on July 30th. I have yet to receive it and what's worse, you cannot get anyone on the phone and the email response is terrible. I got three diffrent ship dates and no tracking numbers or shipper info.

I am not saying the merchandise is bad but BEWARE of this merchant. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!

I ordered a pair of shoes online the same day and got them in three days. I also ordered two more pair of shoes during tax free weekend last week and got those today. I don't think I am being crazy. Their website says they ship within 48 hours, thats 10 days to get to me...plenty of time.

I had a similar experience with them. Not answering e-mail/phone, saying it shipped, no tracking #, then got a tracking #, but only one of 2 helmets arrived, which was the wrong one. Second helmet never shipped. Finally got someone on the phone and they had zero answers as to what was going on. Sent back the helmet and canceled the order. Finally got a refund after calling again and reminding them several weeks later.

I regret ever ordering from them in the first place.

Derek

Interesting. I'd suggest cancelling the order and buying one from a skydiving equipment dealer instead (yes, many of them do carry Protecs). The majority of skydiving equipment dealers provide excellent customer service.

I've learnt my lesson, I cannot cancel the order now because they claim they sent it regular mail.
I have never ordered off the internet and gotten a shipment by regular mail. not even ebay!

regular mail and it's only be 8 working days.. i'd suggest waiting another few days and it will come. say it went out wed or thurs last week, it can take 3-10 days for it to get to you via normal mail

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Dig a little bit. The Protec brand is part of the Vans group, which in turn is owned by the V.F. Corporation. I have included a phone number for Vans picked off the web, but I'm not sure it's a good one. If it doesn't work you could call V.F. Corporation and get the name/number for the Protec brand manager, and follow up with your customer concern. The company should be interested in your experience with the store that sells only Protec brand products, and might be willing to help you resolve the issue. You might also mention you posted the issue here, and there are other people with similar customer service problems. See below:

About Vans
Vans, Inc., a subsidiary of VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC), is a leading lifestyle brand for the youth market. Vans® collections, which include active and performance footwear, apparel and accessories, snowboard boots and bindings and the Pro-tec® line of protective gear, are sold in the United States through 150 company owned stores and factory outlets as well as independent retailers. Internationally, Vans sells its goods in approximately 50 countries through a network of distributors, sales agents and foreign offices. Vans supports and promotes the action sports lifestyle through such events as the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing™, the Vans Warped Tour™, and the Vans Cup at Tahoe™.

Vans, Inc.
15700 Shoemaker Ave
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Phone: (562) 565-8267

V.F. Corporation (VF) is engaged in manufacturing and marketing of branded apparel and related products. VF's businesses are organized into five product categories, and by brands within those product categories. These groupings of businesses are called coalitions and consist of Jeanswear, Outdoor, Intimate Apparel, Imagewear and Sportswear. These coalitions are treated as segments. VF operates approximately 305 full-price stores and 110 outlet stores that sell brands, including The North Face, Vans, Napapijri, Kipling, Nautica, Lee and Wrangler. VF has granted the right to licensees and distributors to sell the JanSport, Eastpak, The North Face, Vans, Napapijri and Kipling brands through over 200 independently operated stores located primarily in Europe and Asia. In addition, VF also operates approximately 110 outlet stores across the United States and Europe. During the year ended December 31, 2005, VF acquired Reef Holdings Corporation (Reef) and Holoubek, Inc.

VF World Headquarters
VF Corporation
105 Corporate Center Blvd.
Greensboro, NC 27408
PO Box 21488
Greensboro
NC 27420-1488
Phone: 336-424-6000
Fax: 336-424-7631
http://www.vfc.com/index.php
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Yea, I hear you..

I ordered one on July 19th...Haha, and is it here? Noo. They've said they had re-shipped it 3 times....hmm....

Pretty shitty service if ya ask me...

What do you know, after calling vans and VF World i get a call today. They credit back my card and are overnighting me a helmet ( we'll see tomorrow).

Free helmet.

Hmmmmmmmm....squeaky wheel gets the grease?
I should have been a kickass drummer and a world famous first base man.

FYI:

I carry Pro Tec.

They are in stock.

My customer service line is forwarded to my cell in the off hours.

Oh. But we are out of Smalls. They are backordered from the factory. We do have M, L, XL Black.

Did you order Small? That might be the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I oredered small but that wasn't the problem. The problem was no communication and no customer service. The guy I talked with today said they were moving and that's why it's hard to get them. If that were told to me in an email I would have been more patient. In the future i'll keep you in mind, when do you think you'll have a black small in?
I should have been a kickass drummer and a world famous first base man.

Hahaha, There is something to be said for using a reputable skydiving gear dealer. 2 words, customer service. If you had used one, you would then have a real live person to harp on till you recieve your goods. Some have already been through the troubles with certain equipment mfr's and already know who they can get good service from. Good luck. Would you like a Bonehead helmet within 24 hrs.? Call your home DZ gear dealer, if they can't help you then call the ranch pro shop maybe they can help.