skinnyshrek

whiney skydivers

Well, being whiney and being a skydiver does seem to go hand in hand at times. I'm not sure why, maybe its just life.

Anyway, I have a theory in need of supporting (or not) evidence. My theory is a skydiver is apt to become "whiney" at two distinct points in their skydiving career.

First, when we have around a hundred to a few hundred jumps under their belts. At this point, we've been in the sport a year or two and are basically feeling like we "know something" and want to take the ol' grey hairs down a peg or two; "feelin' too big for our britches", in short.

Second, when we have several thousand jumps and have been around for a dozen, two dozen or more years. Then its the "back in my day" whine and the various permutations there of.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you're whinning-bitchin' and complaining,,,yiou ain't a skydiver....:S

If ya feel the need to label yourself your probably whiney and bitchy already anyways:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Or... 4. When he or she breaks his or her leg in several places and various complications ensue.

Nah... that's just an inability of some to take responsibility for their own mistakes and/or accept that sometimes bad things happen to them because of "life"... :P
Wrong. Taking responsibility for one's shortcomings has NOTHING to do with whining. Whining is complaining. While annoying it may be, it hasn't anything to do an inability to accept the truth or the fact that bad things happen.

I have known a lot of people and I would venture to say I've known even the most stoic of souls to vent, whine or bitch & moan once in awhile. I would even venture to say that one who complains about that trait in other people is actually quite hypocritcal as they are sort of... whining about whiners. It's kind of ironic.

[reply

Wrong. Taking responsibility for one's shortcomings has NOTHING to do with whining. Whining is complaining. .
Whining is not just complaining, you can justifiably complain about some things. Whining is unnecessary complaining or incessant complaining. Now you 2 stop whining:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I would just like to say that skydiving isn't like what it used to be at the ranch. When i started there was free pizza and beer every saturday night now nothing.
When i started at the farm there was nakedness and beer now just jumping and a few hottothedot swoopers. man how things have changed..
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Wrong. Taking responsibility for one's shortcomings has NOTHING to do with whining. Whining is complaining. While annoying it may be, it hasn't anything to do an inability to accept the truth or the fact that bad things happen.

... and you get to make the call what's right and wrong because.... ???

oh, wait, this is the Bonfire, sorry, I forgot, I don't much give a sh*t what's said here...
:P;):D:ph34r::D:D:ph34r:

ha
:|

... and you get to make the call what's right and wrong because.... ???

oh, wait, this is the Bonfire, sorry, I forgot, I don't much give a sh*t what's said here...
:P;):D:ph34r::D:D:ph34r:

ha
OMG. All you got from that was that I said you were 'wrong'? You made a complete and incorrect judgment about me and what I said but of course, I don't get the right to protest? Whatever...

you are definitely right about the bonfire being an unreliable source for information and it is a place for people venting but I do have the right to say what I think, and whether something being said about me or what I've said is right or wrong. As do you. :S

[reply

Wrong. Taking responsibility for one's shortcomings has NOTHING to do with whining. Whining is complaining. .

Whining is not just complaining, you can justifiably complain about some things. Whining is unnecessary complaining or incessant complaining. Now you 2 stop whining:Pwhine (hwn, wn) KEY
VERB: whined , whin·ing , whines
VERB: intr.
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

Squeak: I know what 'whining' is for God's sake. I'm a teacher too afterall, we hear enough whining each day to thoroughly understand the difference and you know it!!!:P I have a big sign inside my door that is the symbol for "No Whiners Allowed". It doesn't work but when a kid fails a test because he or she didn't study I just point at the sign. B|B|

My dog doesn't even play with me anymore. The porkchop has lost it's flavor.
[:/]

I met the cheerleader I dated in high school and she is unbelievably still as hot as she was back then. She gave her card and told me to call here whenever I'm in town and I'm too old to do anything abut it.

I wanted to get my cookies and they were all gone.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I met the cheerleader I dated in high school and she is unbelievably still as hot as she was back then. She gave her card and told me to call here whenever I'm in town and I'm too old to do anything abut it.

Oh, you'll be whining about your lack of bladder control next! :P:P

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

OMG. All you got from that was that I said you were 'wrong'? You made a complete and incorrect judgment about me and what I said but of course, I don't get the right to protest? Whatever...

What part of, "I don't much give a sh*t what's said here" don't you get?

*Hello McFly!*

:P

[reply

Whining is not just complaining, you can justifiably complain about some things. Whining is unnecessary complaining or incessant complaining. Now you 2 stop whining:P
whine (hwn, wn) KEY
VERB: whined , whin·ing , whines
VERB: intr.
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

Squeak: I know what 'whining' is for God's sake. I'm a teacher too afterall, we hear enough whining each day to thoroughly understand the difference and you know it!!!:P I have a big sign inside my door that is the symbol for "No Whiners Allowed". It doesn't work but when a kid fails a test because he or she didn't study I just point at the sign. B|B|
:D:D:DWho pissed in your cornflakes sweety:D:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My dog doesn't even play with me anymore. The porkchop has lost it's flavor.

I wanted to get my cookies and they were all gone.

You're supposed to tie the pork chop around your neck, not your belt buckle...that trick only works once on a dog....20-30 times on a cheerleader though! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~