floridadiver81

Strep Throat Recovery Question.

For those of you who have had it before....after starting the antibiotics....after the symptoms have gone away...did it burn your tongue when you tried to gulp liquids? It doesnt matter what kind of liquid..it does it with water, gatorade, soda, milk...everything. Is it normal..like a side effect or something?
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

That is so bizarre....never heard of that reaction before....was it a positive strept screen? Just make sure that you get a new toothbrush other wise you can reinfect yourself.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I am overcoming it right now as we speak, and I've been on antibiotics for about 4 days now. After starting them, the swelling and pain started going away REALLY fast, and even though I still had puss pockets on my toung and I wasn't contageous, I decided to try to jump on wednesday. After 3 jumps, my ears wern't bleeding the pressure and the next day ALL my symptoms came back in full force.

Don't try jumping until the strep is completly gone...I am learning this the hard way...:|

=========Shaun ==========

Yes it was positive. The doc didnt believe me when i walked into medical becasue i didnt have any of the symptoms but the sore and swollen throat. But he gave me the throat culture anyway and it did in fact come back positive. I dont have ANY of the symptoms anymore. I started taking the antibiotics tuesday and by thursday everything was gone but then i noticed when i was drinking a large glass of water while taking the medication that the back part of my tongue...the part that goes down into the throat...started getting a burning sensation. If i drink slow im fine..but otherwise i get that very uncomfortable feeling.

I do plan on jumping aff again next saturday..and i havent jumped since february 4th...so im really itching to get off student status...and im hoping this doenst prevent me from doing so because i plan on being off student status by the first weekend in August!

I did get a new toothbrush..so i know it cant be that. That was one of the first things the doc told me. So i went across the way to dental and got me a free toothbrush ;)

"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye