LisaH

Infected bug bites are no joke

And neither is cellulitis with which I was diagnosed today. I had no idea how serious that can get.

I finally went to the doctor after the constant pushing of a friend, and the fact that my arm feels like it's going to fall off. The burning is incredible.

A shot of Rocephin and a prescription of Keflex, an anti-inflammitory and steroid cream.

Take care of those bug bites!!
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I would have cut the bite open and sucked the piosen out, mixed it with some vodka and drank it.:P

Do you have any idea what that fluid in there looks like? BARF

And no more vodka for me until the meds are finished.
:(

Dammit! :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I would have cut the bite open and sucked the piosen out, mixed it with some vodka and drank it.:P

Do you have any idea what that fluid in there looks like? BARF

And no more vodka for me until the meds are finished.
:(

Dammit! :D

So switch to beer or wine!!:)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I'm concerned it COULD be more than just cellulitis. while cellulitis can be painful, it's not usually grossly painful. If the pain is shocking/needle like that comes and goes, worsening with movement, it could be compartment syndrome. this would need to be treated straight away. I have seen compartment syndrome occur with cellulitic infections. don't be hesitant to go to the emergency room if you have the above symptoms. CS can cause muscle necrosis (the muscle dies) and you can loose some use of the affected limb.

I'm concerned it COULD be more than just cellulitis. while cellulitis can be painful, it's not usually grossly painful. If the pain is shocking/needle like that comes and goes, worsening with movement, it could be compartment syndrome. this would need to be treated straight away. I have seen compartment syndrome occur with cellulitic infections. don't be hesitant to go to the emergency room if you have the above symptoms. CS can cause muscle necrosis (the muscle dies) and you can loose some use of the affected limb.

My skin is hot to the touch, and I feel burning sensations when I move my arm.

I can't totally extend my arm or bend it up at the elbow.

Eh, I'll be fine. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

ugh that really does not look good.... I am so glad that you went to the doctor. Infections are nothing to fool around with.

I am glad you are going to get better know and at the same time sad that you can't have any VoDkA B|

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

lack of alcohol is a small price to pay when compaired to your arm

I have no problem with the no alcohol thing. I want/need these antibiotics to work.

The fact that I was so unaware of the risks of this kind of infection is what bothers me. Hell, I didn't even realize what was happening. Scary.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The fact that I was so unaware of the risks of this kind of infection is what bothers me. Hell, I didn't even realize what was happening. Scary.

I'm glad you went to the doctor. I'm very proud of you. ;)

There is one good thing to say though... At least the chiggers didn't get your ass like they did mine! You wouldn't be sitting for weeks if they had. :o:ph34r:

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I'm glad you went to the doctor. I'm very proud of you.

You know I hate going to the doctor. :|

One thing though, I'm having second thoughts about moving to Texas. Something happens to me everytime I'm there. :P:D

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I'm glad you went to the doctor. I'm very proud of you.

You know I hate going to the doctor. :|

One thing though, I'm having second thoughts about moving to Texas. Something happens to me everytime I'm there. :P:D

Just another excuse... B|

The first time you were here, nothing went wrong other than not getting to meet me. :D

And, I have never had any chigger bites from anywhere else in Texas EXCEPT Spaceland. I had never experienced anything like that until Skyfest 2005, and I've been in Texas a LONG time.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

yikes

my brother got a spider bite a couple weeks ago, went to the doc the next day and was told because of his diabetes, it caused something or another, and if it was on the other arm, he woulda been dead. .. be careful miss lisa!!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

yikes

my brother got a spider bite a couple weeks ago, went to the doc the next day and was told because of his diabetes, it caused something or another, and if it was on the other arm, he woulda been dead. .. be careful miss lisa!!

Thanks Shermie. I go back tomorrow to see if the red lines have gone out of the puple pen line.

Hope your brother is going to be ok. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo