FlyinDawg

Desert Age?

I'm sure one of you heard "Ice Age" in millions years ago, which Earth covered with ice and snows.

Since global warming spread on this Earth such as glacier melting to sea level rise but it getting hotter and hottest every years. Drought on this planet is getting worse. Do you believe or think this Earth will have chance "Desert Age" ? ? ? That would mean no oceans/water, no trees/plants, and etc on this planet in million years later or less!

Anyone comment about it as theory/opinion?
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

I'm sure one of you heard "Ice Age" in millions years ago, which Earth covered with ice and snows.

Since global warming spread on this Earth such as glacier melting to sea level rise but it getting hotter and hottest every years. Drought on this planet is getting worse. Do you believe or think this Earth will have chance "Desert Age" ? ? ? That would mean no oceans/water, no trees/plants, and etc on this planet in million years later or less!

Where do you propose all the water would go?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Ive sent an email to Al Gore. I will let you know what he says.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

my theory is that a "desert age" could only occur if our atmosphere was removed and all the water evaporated and floated away off into space. in which case all our oxygen would be gone and we'd be dead anyway.

Wouldn't gravity prevent that? I could see might be possible for it to become hot enough for all the water to become gas, but I don't think it'd go floating off in space.

my theory is that a "desert age" could only occur if our atmosphere was removed and all the water evaporated and floated away off into space. in which case all our oxygen would be gone and we'd be dead anyway.

Wouldn't gravity prevent that? I could see might be possible for it to become hot enough for all the water to become gas, but I don't think it'd go floating off in space.

gravity's overrated:|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

About like what happened to Mars? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

About like what happened to Mars? :P

You never know true about Mars. Not even human sent living thing such as monkey to Mars to see test if able to breathe on Mars or not. There's only first monkey were sent into space in history. There's could be second monkey to be sent to walk on Mars. :D:D
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Maybe global warming will lead to climate shift that will lead to the next iceage.

My guess is just as likely as all the theories proposed by the pocket protector crowd, at least in my opinion. :ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Blues,
Dave

:D:D

If it went into the atmosphere, then there would be clouds and no sun, and then it would rain . . . no desert . . . the only way that "Desert Age" could exist would be if the atmosphere was stripped away, right?

Also - research the historical climates and the changes that have taken place over the last couple of centuries . . . then see if maybe there is a trend . . . like climate change is natural, nothing we can or will do that affects it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

umm... yeah i don't that this is possible.... maybe like all of the icecaps melting and all of a sudden the ocean temperature drops and kills almost all of the fish and then the great lakes flood and michigan goes under... wow... that doesn't sound too bad actually.... who needs michigan anyway.... we'd all just have to drive foreign cars......