BillyVance

You have been warned!!!

I JUST WANTED TO LET ALL YOU PEOPLE KNOW THIS LITTLE BIT OF INFORMATION THAT I HAVE JUST LEARNED:

During the week of August 13-18, 2007, the Alabama Department of Public Safety will have every supervisor and eligible staff person in uniform and on the roads. This will add approximately 150 more troopers to the highways during this week.

It is my understanding that they will be maintaining a "zero tolerance" rule on speeding and other violations, meaning that if you are 1 mile over the speed limit, you will be ticketed. They will also be looking for other traffic violations, such as not wearing seat belts and reckless driving.

None of these tickets will be eligible for dismissal without a hearing.

Speed at your own risk! ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

quite honestly id rather get pulled over by marked cars as opposed to the SUV's and Mustangs that are being used in MD
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Billy if you believe a cop is going to pull you over for 1 mph over the limit, then I have some swamp land I'll sell you, better yet, some land on mars.

Even when it is 0 tolerance they give you a + -, because the devices have error, and it's basically a waste of their time.

A judge will never enforce a 1mph over, and might even get mad at the trooper for wasting time on it.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

A judge will never enforce a 1mph over, and might even get mad at the trooper for wasting time on it.

Depends on the judge, some don't like to see less then 8mph over, unless its school zone or construction zone, etc.

Even when it is 0 tolerance they give you a + -, because the devices have error, and it's basically a waste of their time.

Yeah, error, about .01 mph on most radar units and about .001mph on a Lidar unit. Even in the rain. I know what those "informed" sites on the internet tell you, but those aren't typically written using actual factual information. Ok, sorry, you *may* have been traveling 89.99mph in a 40, not 90...

Billy if you believe a cop is going to pull you over for 1 mph over the limit

If he does then you either got the worst asshole cop of the bunch or you're running dope and you're about to go to jail. But hey, this is Alabama, things are "different" out there. When people are still mad about loosing the "Northern war of aggression" then things are definately "different."

:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

They give you the + -, because although yes they are extremely accurate, some are not using the latest greatest, specially in Alabama:D, and your car spedometer is not entirely precise.

The sherriffs officer I know says they give 10 mph, but most don't waste their time for anything under 15 mph over. I can tell you from experience that seems to be so, at least in GA.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

They give you the + -, because although yes they are extremely accurate, some are not using the latest greatest, specially in Alabama:D, and your car spedometer is not entirely precise.

The sherriffs officer I know says they give 10 mph, but most don't waste their time for anything under 15 mph over. I can tell you from experience that seems to be so, at least in GA.

Pretty much the same here in AL, although its more like 10 or less. However, my dad DID get a ticket for 1 mph over years ago along I-10 near Mobile, and it was a construction zone. Rather than go back down 350 miles from home to contest it in court, he paid the fine. I know cops and troopers sometimes like to target out of towners or out of staters. I know, because I've been speeding with other vehicles that weren't from my area, and the trooper singled them out. :P

They just went through a zero tolerance ticketing spree in the malfunction junction area where I-20, I-59 and I-65 converge in Birmingham. It was not pretty.

So if you wanna speed through here later this month, have your radar detector handy. It won't guard against the new laser speed detectors though, but not all troopers have them.

Also, beware... some troopers have the new Dodge Charger muscle cars. Those can catch up to you twice as fast as the Crown Victorias... :o

After August 18, do as you damn well pleased with. You'll be lucky if you see ONE trooper. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

this sounds like something that is on snopes.com

I don't buy it.

Trust me. It's not the first time they're doing it even this year. The email came from DPS itself and trickled through the different state depts... my wife works for one.

Alabama has a severe shortage of patrol troopers, and this is one of their stunts to show the governor and state legislators of the need for more money to fund more troopers.

No Big deal. How many people in Alabama actually have a car that runs anyway??:P:D:D:D

It wouldn't surprise me if the State Troopers have trouble cobbling together an extra 150 running trooper cars also.

It can get very busy in their garage sometimes. :D

You might want to let the Memphis cops know that. When they do zero tolerance - that means ZERO. I always thought most give a +/- till I moved down here. I know too many people that got tickets in zero tolerance zones for 1-2 over the speed limit. The cops usually apologize but explain this is a zero tolerance zone.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

You might want to let the Memphis cops know that. When they do zero tolerance - that means ZERO. I always thought most give a +/- till I moved down here. I know too many people that got tickets in zero tolerance zones for 1-2 over the speed limit. The cops usually apologize but explain this is a zero tolerance zone.

What a load of crap!!!!! I think they are apologizing because they know it's crap, and anyone that takes the time to go to court will have it dismissed as long as they are nice to the prosecutor.

I'm curious as to how many people have actually been in a court room where tickets and such are disputed. You would be surprised at what is let go, what is reduced, and well how lenient a judge can be on a drunk driver.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

A car speedometer is inaccurate (due to tire size, tire inflation, etc...). Cops can and (infrequently) will issue speeding tickets of 5mph or less but judges can and (frequently) will dismiss speeding tickets of 5mph or less. However, cops (and judges) know that most people do not contest speeding tickets.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

We are going to change your name to: Billy "I would have pulled over an hour ago, if I could hear the sirens!" VanceB|:D:D:D:P

Yeah, but you forget one little detail. We use our eyes a lot more to compensate for the shit in our ears. I can see cops and ambulances in the rear view mirror before you guys hear them! :P

We are going to change your name to: Billy "I would have pulled over an hour ago, if I could hear the sirens!" VanceB|:D:D:D:P

Yeah, but you forget one little detail. We use our eyes a lot more to compensate for the shit in our ears. I can see cops and ambulances in the rear view mirror before you guys hear them! :P

Don't you wear glasses too?:P:ph34r:
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

All the better to see them with. :P

Well, I'd hope so... We wouldn't wanting you looking through lenses that give the fishbowl effect:|:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Well, I'd hope so... We wouldn't wanting you looking through lenses that give the fishbowl effect:|:P

If you meant coke bottom glasses, far from it. My eyes are not THAT bad! :D

If you meant coke bottom glasses, far from it. My eyes are not THAT bad! :D

no no... I mean the fishbowl effect...:|