simplyputsi

Do you care about drug use at your DZ?? edited

The company I have worked at for the past 6 years is in the Fortune 500 and has no drug testing policy. Although when I see most of the decisions made by upper management, I think perhaps testing them would be a good idea.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And if you are hired there you should take one if they ask, but if it's frequent I'd call it harassing.

How about this true story:

I used to work for a large Fortune 500 company whose name rhymes with "Victrola". They had a mandatory "random" drug testing policy. My co-worker had been there 14 years and hadn't been "randomly" called for testing in years. He put in his two-week notice that he was quitting. A few days later he was called to take a drug test.

A couple years later, I put in my notice that I was quitting. A few days later I was called in for a drug test.

Coincidence? I was leaving because I had had my fill of the bureaucratic idiocy of that company, but learning that they used the random drug test as one last way to f*** employees who were leaving certainly didn't make me sorry I left.

Edited to add: I had not had a drug test since the day I started, and had been there 3 years when I gave notice.

------------------------------------------------------------
WTF I don't get it. Why pay for a drug test on a person that is leaving?? Unless you are going to use the results to screw them out of some seperation pay or benefits:S
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Actually I just find the other one stupid, how are people going to get upset over some underage drinking?

Are you seriously asking that question.
Hmm let me see teenager, get drunk,
teenager stumbles and falls over
teenages smack head on concrete ,
teenager is in the ER
MUM and DAD get called and would like to know who sold or supplied their under age child with alcohol
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Actually I just find the other one stupid, how are people going to get upset over some underage drinking?

Are you seriously asking that question.
Hmm let me see teenager, get drunk,
teenager stumbles and falls over
teenages smack head on concrete ,
teenager is in the ER
MUM and DAD get called and would like to know who sold or supplied their under age child with alcohol

right right, and ummm they wouldn't ask that same question if their son/daughter was in the er for an od on some substance??

Squeak you're missing the point. The point is why all the shit about underage drinking when that is probably the least of worries at a dz. They get drunk, they might partake in shenanigans in which no one wants to see anyone get hurt. Sure an accident can happen. They go to bed, eventually, and if they didn't over do it they jump the next day.
Skymama's #2 stalker -