mnealtx

Things they don't seem to teach in school anymore.

From email... so bite me if it's a repost!! ;)

Without any further ado... here's the list!

• Life is not fair - get used to it!

• The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

• You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school.
    You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

• If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

• Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

• If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

• Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

• Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

• Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

• Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

• Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Boy, are weeeeee old?

• - Expect some respect? Well show some first.

• Want people to talk to you like an adult? Stop grunting, get your hands out of your pocket

• Oh yeah ....... GET A HAIR CUT:P

(.)Y(.)
    Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

• and....... PULL YOUR PANTS UP!

I told my kids they had 3 choices:

1. Pull em up and keep em pulled up

2. Duct tape

3. Stapler

>:(

I am going to have an interesting argument with my girl when she tries to go out in a too-revealing top and mini-skirt... :|:D

"Oh HELL NO, young lady! You go right back to your bedroom and change into . . ." :S
    "Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

While it's true that you don't get the summers off, there's an exception...

school teachers! :P

Teachers don't get paid for the summer, though (at least not in CA), so most teachers I know either have spouses with a second income, or find work subbing in year round schools or doing other things. Most people can't afford three months off without pay.

While it's true that you don't get the summers off, there's an exception...

school teachers! :P

Teachers don't get paid for the summer, though (at least not in CA), so most teachers I know either have spouses with a second income, or find work subbing in year round schools or doing other things. Most people can't afford three months off without pay.

You're right. Actually, in Alabama, they get 9 months pay spread over 12 months. Most of the teachers I know, do have spouses with their own jobs as well.
    "Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ON saturday I was talking to a woman who teaches 10th & 11th grade.

She spends her days teaching them things like the differences between "they're" and "their", "your" and "you're" and so on.

The kind of things I was learning in 5th & 6th grade are now being taught in 11th grade.
    :S

Speed Racer
    --------------------------------------------------

• and....... PULL YOUR PANTS UP!

I told my kids they had 3 choices:

1. Pull em up and keep em pulled up

2. Duct tape

3. Stapler

>:(

I am going to have an interesting argument with my girl when she tries to go out in a too-revealing top and mini-skirt... :|:D

"Oh HELL NO, young lady! You go right back to your bedroom and change into . . ." :S

My youngest turned 17 this summer.... B|

Here's a pic of her from last year. I need a shotgun!!
    Mike
    POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

She spends her days teaching them things like the differences between "they're" and "their", "your" and "you're" and so on.

The kind of things I was learning in 5th & 6th grade are now being taught in 11th grade.

Lovely, isn't it? [:/]B|
    Mike
    POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Here's a pic of her from last year. I need a shotgun!!

She's beautiful!! Good idea... Get that gun!! You're going to need it. :|

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Hunny, you just posted a pic of your beautiful girl on a skydiving website. You best get yerself 2 guns. :P

Hmm...good point!!

I think she's pretty safe, though... her Mom is pretty well-armed, too! I figure if I take her to the DZ, I'll just grab a bullwhip.... :P;)B|
    Mike
    POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hunny, you just posted a pic of your beautiful girl on a skydiving website. You best get yerself 2 guns. :P

Hmm...good point!!

I think she's pretty safe, though... her Mom is pretty well-armed, too! I figure if I take her to the DZ, I'll just grab a bullwhip.... :P;)B|

Sorry to break the news to you, but some jumpers might like the whip. :|

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I sooooo feel your pain.

Sometimes I think God is up there going "Spend 20 years chasing every woman in sight.. Oh Yea?? Well now deal with this!!":D:D:D:D
    And then he laughs some more as she gets prettier and prettier.

I just HOPE and Pray my Daughter has more common sense that her Father.

Hmm...good point!!

Given my own sordid history, having a daughter is my WORST NIGHTMARE. They say women fall for men who are like their fathers. [:/]

I'll have to kill him. After I torture him. Then cut him up. :o
    "I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Neither of my sons took Earth Science as a subject like I did. Spelling was not a subject in their elementary years due to computers and "spell checkers."
    Also their education didn't include sports days where there was competition...from youngsters they all got the same colored ribbons...no third, second or first.
    Re: competition is not good for children- not fair to those that do not win........:S:S:S

SMiles;)

I'll have to kill him. After I torture him. Then cut him up.

I have found it easier to just do a little pre-emptive Knee capping.
    First time I meet ANY "Boy" that is hanging around my daughter, I kick them in the Knee cap. Once they get up and ask why I did that, I tell them "it was for Thinking about it."
    When they ask “Thinking about what?”, I Just look at them and kick the other Kneecap.
    They usually dont hang around much after that for some strange reason.:D

Sorry to break the news to you, but some jumpers might like the whip.

I've got the .45 for a backup... >:(

I sooooo feel your pain.

Sometimes I think God is up there going "Spend 20 years chasing every woman in sight.. Oh Yea?? Well now deal with this!!"[Laugh][Laugh][Laugh][Laugh]

I hope mine does, too!

Given my own sordid history, having a daughter is my WORST NIGHTMARE. They say women fall for men who are like their fathers. [Unsure]

I'll have to kill him. After I torture him. Then cut him up. [Shocked]

Having a daughter is a LOT more stressful to fathers, right Jay?

We *know* what those little fuckers are like, cuz we were the exact same way! We don't have to worry about *ONE* little prick like if we had a son, we have to worry about *ALL* of them!! B|
    Mike
    POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I sooooo feel your pain.

Sometimes I think God is up there going "Spend 20 years chasing every woman in sight.. Oh Yea?? Well now deal with this!!":D:D:D:D

That's why I'm praying that when the time comes and I have kids that I dont have a daughter. Nothing against girls, but I'm already VERY protective of my friends who are girls. If I do have a daughter, she won't date until she's 30. I'm serious. Call it a double standard, I just know what goes on...

My mom is in the process of "dating" again and i do a background check, blood sample, criminal history check, sexual offender check, and just plain old "is he trying to run game on my mom and if he is I'll kill him. " check....

So yeah...hats off to those of you with girls...
    Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

oh the stuff I could add to this list....

Scars remind us that the past is real