YakkoWarner

1000+ jumps, 4 years no jumping what 2 do?

Well like it says in the subject, I have almost 1100 jumps but didn't do a skydive for 4 years. How to get back 2 jumping?

Every non-current, high-time jumper is unique. See your local instructor. He/she can get you back safely.

Welcome back.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Welcome back!
If you have a D license you're theoretically allowed to determine your own level of currency, but most DZOs will want you to sit down with an AFF-I, review the FJC, and do a refresher dive.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

If you have a D license you're theoretically allowed to determine your own level of currency

Really? From what I've read in the SIM, even D license holders are technically uncurrent after 6 months.

After a couple years off, a review of emergency procedures and a low pressure two way with an AFFI is a good way to get back in the air (and coincidentally, also what USPA recommends).

I just did a refresher with someone with 5000 jumps and 5 years out of the sport - while she had no problem remembering how to fall, fly and pull, she was amazed at how much stuff she'd forgotten when it came to emergency procedures (not the physical actions - those are like riding a bike - but obstacle avoidance, aircraft emergencies, etc). For that matter, a current friend sat through the refresher and he was surprised at how much HE'D forgotten too.

A well done refresher is definitely worth an hour or so of your time, even if you are already an expert.

If you have a D license you're theoretically allowed to determine your own level of currency

Really? From what I've read in the SIM, even D license holders are technically uncurrent after 6 months.

The currency requirements are not part of the BSR's. It is what the USPA believes would be appropriate as far as re-currency training goes(AKA a suggestion).

After a couple years off, a review of emergency procedures and a low pressure two way with an AFFI is a good way to get back in the air (and coincidentally, also what USPA recommends).

Can't argue with that.