antifnsocial

Waiting to have sex...

You are correct, sex is an important part of intimacy - it confirms trust, passion, desire. It fulfills a "need" for release.

But you don't need sex to have a fulfilling and enduring relationship. A rel'nship is so much more than the carnal expression of lust. There is more to the human spirit than just fucking like animals. And, honestly, if you can't see that in the relationship that you are in... you both might deserve better.

Sex is important... but it is NOT the relationship.

(now... I will be the first to say though... sex IS important)

I dont even think it's all that important in the long run, In all the good long term relationships that I know of sex plays a very minor in them.
I have had this dicussion a few time with firends over the years, and invariably all those couples in long term relationships list sex very low on the priority scale.
Communication, care, understanding and respect come in way agead of physical gratification
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Some people look for more substance in their lives than just hedonistic pleasure

In the words of my role model Dan Fielding: "I gotta be me.":P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The reason for not having sex has more bearing on a relationship than having sex. The reason can say something about personal philosophies which is rather important to a relationship. There's a big difference between I want to get to know you and I'm saving myself for Jesus.

I don't think wanting something I can't have is as powerful as I get older. I miss my fiance when she's away; I don't think I can't wait to have sex with her.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

its a personnal choice i hate it when people feelpressured to have sex because of this and that

I dont feel pressured to have sex. I think its the opposite. I feel like i've been pressured to wait for something... a 3rd date, anniversary, a 'perfect night'....

but usually I dont wait and then i feel all guilty by society's standards...

then again, maybe i just suffer from a guilty conscience.. cause i almost feel guilty if i dont have sex when I wanted to in the first place. ah well.

ok...question for ya. Whats your philosophy with a couple in a committed longterm relationship where the sex goes to shit? For example, she has a total hysterectomy due to medical reasons so the hormones are no longer there...

Given all things being equal, like it or not sex IS an important part of a relationship. If you were the male in the aforementioned relationship, what would you do?

If you're looking for me to give you a black and white answer, like "That shouldn't matter" or "The man should seek sexual gratification outside the marriage," you're barking up the wrong tree. Only fools look for such simple answers to such complex problems.

Of course sex is important, but as several people have already stated, it's not the relationship. If sex is the backbone of your relationship, you probably have a very shallow relationship. If a man's wife loses her sex drive because of a medical condition or can't have sex because she's in some sort of accident, that's a hurdle that the couple must get over together. It should not be a dilemma the man faces alone. Therefore, your "What would you do?" question is flawed because the question you should be asking is "What would you and your wife do?" And clearly, not having a wife, I can't answer that question.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

In my opinion, if she doesn't experience pain and can still get pleasure from the act, then there's a whole other reason for her not wanting to have it with you. All my friends felt liberated by not having to worry about protection etc. Their libido increased if their partners were supportive. Has the Dr. checked her hormone levels? That just sounds weird unless her surgery was recent. If she did have it recently then she may just not want someone f-ing with her down their until she feels physically able. It's kind of traumatic.

Other than that...have you both had a romantic vacation together lately?

Good point-

Just having had a hysterectomy does not mean that she can not have a sexual relationship....

However, if :

1. it was because of endometriosis and she had SIGNIFICANT pain with intercourse/period/anything prior to the hysterectomy... even if the endometriosis is gone, her memory of the pain isn't. That needs to be something that with patience and understanding that a couple can work through.

2. it was because of polycystic ovaries or other ovarian problems (even including endometriosis) and the ovaries had to be removed, then she might have a decreased drive because the ovaries do make testosterone which does influence the sex drive. Most of the time, that can be medically managed. (unless the risk of hormones are too great for her)

3. it was because of cancer... she is probably happy to be alive. If shes had radiation as an adjuvant therapy.... don't EVEN think about going there until she wants to try... and then understand that even then... it's probably NOT going to happen. Find other ways to express intimacy and just be happy about the time that you are given to spend with her.

Just having had a hysterectomy though does not give someone carte blanche to sleeping with someone else.

(for risk of sending this to SC, I do kindof excuse Former Pres. Clinton for his extramarital reln'ships in the case that Sen. Rodham-Clinton might bat for the other team. But even then, it would still be better for them to have communicated)

[:/]what a Goddamned shame.........

:|

NOW>>>>>> any ideas... WHY that is.?????

It should be ME who feels that way since I grew up in the 'free love' generation.....

But i always interpreted THAT to mean... "we are free to love..."
NOT.. love is free.... ( without emotional content, and without a certain degree of interpersonal responsibility )
I mean.. it's not just a damn sport !!!!! is it???
good luck...

j

I dont even think it's all that important in the long run, In all the good long term relationships that I know of sex plays a very minor in them.
I have had this dicussion a few time with firends over the years, and invariably all those couples in long term relationships list sex very low on the priority scale.
Communication, care, understanding and respect come in way agead of physical gratification

You apparently haven't talked to many couple where one wanted it and the other didn't. LOTS of divorces from that cause.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You apparently haven't talked to many couple where one wanted it and the other didn't. LOTS of divorces from that cause.

like I said the ones in "long term relationships", my idea of a long term relationships is not a 12 month GF/BF thing.
The long term relationships I'm refering to are all over 10 years, (mine is 19).
If the relationship falls apart after that period of time believe me its due to something more than just a lack of a shagg.

If the love in your relationship is hinged on sex, then I'd hazard a guess at saying it's not what I call Love.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If the love in your relationship is hinged on sex, then I'd hazard a guess at saying it's not what I call Love.

Men do not like to feel patronized.

Call me shallow, but if she doesn't want to fuck me, I'm ending the relationship.

A girl should think long and hard about what it is that they contribute to a relationship when they are holding out.

As men, we have to sit through a long and drawn out courting process in which we must listen to you, deal with your emotional and behavioral hiccups and be kind and courteous without showing the least bit of indignation.

Having sex will alleviate any doubt between the two of you. This will make the relationship stronger.

If you don’t want sex for your own hedonistic pleasure, then do it for him. After all, he has worked very hard to win your favor.

Men do not like to feel patronized.

Call me shallow, but if she doesn't want to fuck me, I'm ending the relationship.

A girl should think long and hard about what it is that they contribute to a relationship when they are holding out.

As men, we have to sit through a long and drawn out courting process in which we must listen to you, deal with your emotional and behavioral hiccups and be kind and courteous without showing the least bit of indignation.

Having sex will alleviate any doubt between the two of you. This will make the relationship stronger.

If you don’t want sex for your own hedonistic pleasure, then do it for him. After all, he has worked very hard to win your favor.

You're single quite a lot aren't you:D:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

don't connect love with sex at all anymore.

no reason to at all.. Sex is a biological process. Love is an emotional/mental attachment.

they dont HAVE to be connected at all.(its nice when they are however) the only reason they are/have been historically is social engineering.

...And clearly, not having a wife...

Why am I not surprised at this...
Why am I thinking you used "wife" as a euphemism for SO of any sort...
Credibility...

:|

Go ahead...submit your reply about "I have had many SOs before...."
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

like I said the ones in "long term relationships", my idea of a long term relationships is not a 12 month GF/BF thing.
The long term relationships I'm refering to are all over 10 years, (mine is 19).
If the relationship falls apart after that period of time believe me its due to something more than just a lack of a shagg.

Just the facts, ma'am. A huge mumber of divorces are caused by sex issues. Dispute it all you want with your romance theories, but that's the way it is.

PS I have had a long term partner without a break since January 1968 - how about you?

PS I have had a long term partner without a break since January 1968 - how about you?

Cite whatever you want, but I'd say sex is the EXCUSE not the reason for the divorce.

in 68 I was 5, you old fucker:D:D:D Been with my wife since 1988
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Cite whatever you want, but I'd say sex is the EXCUSE not the reason for the divorce.

You can theorize all you want. FACT is that sex problems cause divorces.

You can theorize all you want. FACT is that sex problems cause divorces.

FACT is that sex is CITED as the reason not
FACTUALLY the reason
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?