PLFXpert

Front End vs. Back End: Rant

Front End = Sales
Back End = Underwriting and the like

I have a solid understanding of risk; way more than most other sales reps. "Oh Carrie, you bring us the best deals all the time, you always do the right thing..." blah, blah, blah.

I've recently brought them two AMAZING deals. One that would be our biggest account EV-ER. They're both good, solid deals and...

One was denied and the latter (the biggest) is giving me a royal headache with all the unnecessary issues they're throwing at me.:S

Shoot me now, please.B| How can I put this in idiots' (i.e. underwriter's) terms? I've read all their same guidelines and BS. I get it. You're old. You haven't grown with the times. You don't understand how shit works today. I've gotten you a billion things in writing and had the potential new client jump through hoops--or should I say, I talked them into jumping through hoops whereas other companies wouldn't have made them. We're the best.

If I end up looking a fool, I'm just warning ya'll anything I respond to from this point forward I should not be held responsible for.>:(

:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I have no idea what "GR33K" is except maybe an underground way to spell "greek"?:S:P

But, I realize "front end" and "back end" have obvious ambiguity.

It was so obvious, I let it go assuming most people here know my posts well enough to know I only do creative/unobvious ones with the intention of them being taken both ways.B|;):)

I, however, aspire to be the lowest denominator in any group-as far as the job thing goes-I'm with you in a way. I hate working my ass off on a contract only to have it turned down because even though it adds a ton to the overall, it's costing 10 cents here to make 10 dollars there and no one will sign off on it.:S

I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Rats-I was hoping that this was a GR33K thread.

just waiting to see who admits to getting the reference:)

YOU!!??

I was hoping it was a trimming thread with pictures.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes, I know why the first was denied.

No, they do not have a more thorough understanding of risk in that particular scenario (there was little to NONE, but it didn't fit into one of their neat, black & white little categories so "Oh no, how can we do it. What can we do? Best to let our competitor deal with it," was basically the reason.)

I appreciate your response though, as always, Bob. I get it. You like me. You reeeeallly like me.:D

And you'll be there someday too. :o Good luck wif it.:S

I knew there would be bruised egos when I made the comment.

Absolutely I will be old. To survive in most worlds means adapting to change. It's nothing profound. Tenure means nothing if I'm still doing things the same way as I did 20 years ago and while it still works, sometimes the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage just doesn't apply. There are colorless TV sets that still work today. But the new ones work better now, don't they? And they allow for more options. Options are good.

I've chosen a position that allows for young & old. I'm close to the youngest right now, but some of the older, more seasoned reps still kick my ass. They continue to excel in their job position. I have no issues with them.:)

I guess I've always seen this. I'm 43 and that places me basically "in between" the young and the older generation. When I was 20, I to thought as you about the older crowd.

However, you will see it's not that they are deliberate about "not" changing. It's something much deeper than that. It's a thought process that I'm still discovering. There are ways to get them to change, it's up to you to find out........ good luck.

Generally, I'm quite fond of "the older crowd".

I have more patience for them than most 20-somethings, and I'm one of those.

My comment, really and truly, was specifically about and limited to the underwriters specified in my OP.

I belive in diversifying. It is my position we (both the company and myself) would benefit from adding a few "fresh" bodies to the mix. Just my balloon knot opinion.:P

Generally, I'm quite fond of "the older crowd".

I have more patience for them than most 20-somethings, and I'm one of those.

My comment, really and truly, was specifically about and limited to the underwriters specified in my OP.
:P

I think it was your "I get it. You're old." comment that led some of us to believe you were coming from a different place.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

From a journalistic perspective, you have a point. I could eliminate those two sentences, save space, and the point is still made.

In my brief absence I forgot how profusely sensitve this crowd can be.:|