Shell666

My Kitty's MIA

Sorry to hear it, but he sounds like an independant little fucker and he's probably just out checking out some new stuff. When he realizes that the food dish is always out back home he'll come crawling back. Surely he won't admit he's crawling back, but that's what it comes down to.;)

I got nuthin

Sorry to hear it, but he sounds like an independant little fucker and he's probably just out checking out some new stuff. When he realizes that the food dish is always out back home he'll come crawling back. Surely he won't admit he's crawling back, but that's what it comes down to.;)

I hope you're right. And that's EXACTLY the way he is. Little independant fucker that he is. But he's ALWAYS come back every night. Just to say "hi" and then he's gone.

It's been warmer here at night lately so I'm hoping that's why he's not back. I always leave food and water out on my deck (it's covered) but the food's still there. And that sucks. [:/]

Hard to believe I'd miss that little furry annoyance but I do. In the winter, he hogs the bed.

How can a 9lb cat HOG the bed????

Well, he can. He's a LONG 9lbs ... a STRETCHY 9lbs ...

Damn ... I miss him and I hope he's okay.
[:/][:/]
'Shell

Give it a few more days. My cat is a wanderer too. But he is very skittish of people though. I just recently moved and he has taken to disappearing for three days at a time. I keep his food in the house so he has to come back eventually :P

Thanks. I will give him a day or two more BUT he's not skittish in the least and I leave food on the deck for him. And he has ALWAYS come home at least once a day to say "hi" and eat. Nothing for 2 days. Even his "dog" (my cat has a Boxer and my Boxer has a cat) is wondering where he is. He keeps looking at the chair on the deck that he sleeps in as if to say "where is he"? If you've ever seen a sad Boxer, you'd be wondering too. He's NEVER done that before.

But I'll keep an eye out for my black and white dude and hope for the best. He's a cat, after all. They have an attitude all their own. And I hope that's all it is.

:)
'Shell

I'm really sorry to hear that. I've had a few cats vanish over the years and it always sucks. You can get very attatched after a few yrs.
My wife and I have just bought the house we have rented for 8 yrs and the house next door. We are in the process of moving into the one next door slowly but surely. We have been sleeping there for a week now. We have 2 cats. One adopted us about 8 months ago and is having no trouble adjusting but Rowdy. our other cat was born in the house we are moving out of and is totally freaked out at the new house. I carried him in and he clawed his way over me and started throwing himself against the door to get out. I,m not sure if he knows something that I don't or what but he sure doesn't like it. He seems to be getting closer but hasn't decided to live with us yet. I guess he is just completly comfortable on the other side. I guess time will tell. Anyway I sure hope your feline friend finds his way back home. Good luck.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Any news this morning? I hope your buddy comes home soon:(

Not yet. His buddy, Ivan (the neighbour's cat) was on my deck this morning eating Teko's food. I even asked HIM if he'd seen Teko. I'm guessing that from the look on his face, it was a no.

More searching when I get home.
'Shell

Walk by all your neighbor's garages and call for him. He'll meow if he hears you.

Did that yesterday. Nothing. But the last time he got locked in somewhere (my tent trailer ... LONG story about that) he had NO voice left when I finally found him.

Might go peering in windows when I get home!
'Shell

Well, that little shit just happily wandered up on the deck when I got home from work today. And went straight for his food and chowed down for a good 5 minutes. Me thinks he was locked in a garage or shed somewhere for a few days.

He's fed and watered and happily wandering again.

Thanks everyone!

... anyone want to adopt a cheeky cat?? ;);)

'Shell

Well, that little shit just happily wandered up on the deck when I got home from work today. And went straight for his food and chowed down for a good 5 minutes. Me thinks he was locked in a garage or shed somewhere for a few days.

I'm so glad he's back safe!!!

Have you ever considered keeping him indoors? "The average life span of indoor cats is about 14 years – though this is reduced to 4 years in cats that are allowed to roam free, exposing themselves to the hazards of outdoor life." (petplace.com)

Thanks everyone!

... anyone want to adopt a cheeky cat?? ;);)

told ya:ph34r::ph34r: you should introduce him to Garthy they can tell the world to get fucxked as a twosome:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm so glad he's back safe!!!

Have you ever considered keeping him indoors? "The average life span of indoor cats is about 14 years – though this is reduced to 4 years in cats that are allowed to roam free, exposing themselves to the hazards of outdoor life." (petplace.com)

As nice as it would be to keep him in the house and know he's safe, he would be MISERABLE. He's Mr. Outdoors.

My other fat outdoor cat is currently 9 years old. Granted he doesn't venture out of the yard anymore (probably because he can't jump OVER the fence!) but he still prefers to be outside than inside.

All the cats I've had have been outdoor cats. My siamese lived to be 21 years old. And the others have been at least 10 or 12 as well.

But at least Teko is back home. Well, kind of. He's across the street right now searching for mice. He better not bring me one as an "I'm sorry!" gift!
'Shell

I'm so glad he's home! That's great news:)
Just out of curiosity is he microchipped or does he wear a collar? It might give you some peace of mind.

His collar is gone (again!). He has one of those "quick release" ones in case he gets caught on something. Apparently he did.

Not microchipped but since he keeps losing his collar, he'll be getting that done after the long weekend.

Funny how my fat cat that doesn't leave the yard is tattoed and the one that wanders isn't.

But all is right in the world again. He's back on the deck in his chair where he belongs. :)
Thanks to everyone for all your happy thoughts!
'Shell