BillyVance

You parents know when it's too quiet...

Your kid is probably doing something you don't want them doing!

I just caught Sami pulling keys off the keyboard of the old non-functional laptop we let her play with. Not wanting her to put those flattish keys in her mouth, I confiscated them and closed the laptop.

The last time she was too quiet, I busted her pulling all the Q-tips out of the box, that she somehow pulled out of the top bathroom drawer. The bottom two drawers are empty for that reason. Arrrgh! :D Time to get those drawer locks! We already have locks on the swinging doors, but the drawers require drilling work, and I'm not too enthusiastic about that, yet anyway... :P

She also pinched her thumb between two drawers 30 minutes ago and let out a good wail. She's fine now, but you'd think she'd learn... that's the 15th time she's done it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

When my brothers & I were little kids, sometimes we'd be upstairs & my mother would be downstairs.

My mother told me that sometimes, it would get a little too quiet upstairs all of a sudden. ;)

That's when she'd yell up the stairs: "WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING UP THERE, STOP IT!"

:D

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

dude your fucking deaf, isnt everything quiet?:P

That's the way it's supposed to be. A hearing aid helps when I have to be in another room and I know where she is.

You know when you have stuff to do but you still need to know what your kids are doing when you can't keep your eyes on them? How the hell do you do it? I can hardly get any major stuff done. Sometimes I put on a Baby Signing Time or Baby Einstein DVD and plop her in her favorite chair to watch it, and then I've got time to do the laundry, dishes or clean the bathrooms. Forget about picking up her toys, I wait til she goes to bed for the night, because as soon as I put her stuff away, she's throwing them back out on the floor! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You know when you have stuff to do but you still need to know what your kids are doing when you can't keep your eyes on them? How the hell do you do it?

Good question, let me know when you get an answer. Ya just do it, and know that you potentially may walk into a toddler war zone if you leave to use the restroom.

Sometimes I put on a Baby Signing Time or Baby Einstein DVD and plop her in her favorite chair to watch it, and then I've got time to do the laundry, dishes or clean the bathrooms. Forget about picking up her toys, I wait til she goes to bed for the night, because as soon as I put her stuff away, she's throwing them back out on the floor!

That doesnt change as they get older either. It would be easier to pull my kids toe nails out one by one then to get them to allow a room to be clean for 5 whole minutes.

Just wait till she realizes that when the parents are on the phone the answer to her questions will be yes, because your paying attention to the kid, and the caller and yea, big trouble happens if I am on the phone. Thank god for schools lol
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Yep they are usually up to no good

Like when my oldest decided his younger brother needed a hair cut.

Or the youngest taking a box of tampons and dipping them in the sink of water to watch them expand.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Welcome to parenthood! How old is she?

If there are 20 things on a table within reach, she will automatically go for the most dangerous item.

That is why they make those gated things that you can surround them with, so you can keep them in a confined, but not too tiny of an area (much bigger than a playpen). You can't always let them roam around the house.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Welcome to parenthood! How old is she?

If there are 20 things on a table within reach, she will automatically go for the most dangerous item.

That is why they make those gated things that you can surround them with, so you can keep them in a confined, but not too tiny of an area (much bigger than a playpen). You can't always let them roam around the house.

We've baby-proofed the house as much as we can, and there's one room she's not allowed to go into (bare subfloor/junk/cat litter and food), which we keep the door shut to when the cats are outside. But of course, she still finds a way to get into trouble. :D She's 17 months old now.

The funny thing is (well maybe not that funny), she absolutely loves playing in water. No matter what, the tub, a swimming pool, lake or salt-water beach. She is just beside herself with joy being in the water, as long as one of us is right there with her.

We just spent the Labor Day weekend in Myrtle Beach visiting in-laws. Took her to the beach where I held her in ankle to knee deep water, using my body to block her from the waves (it was rough out there) she was just having a ball. Didn't care about playing with sand, just wanted to go in the water. :S

Well, we get back to her grandmother's house, which is in a fairly new subdivision with man-made ponds along the backyards that are full of ducks, swans, geese, fish and turtles at times. My wife set her down on the grass holding her hand. She started to pull away wanting to go for the water. Well somehow she got free and ran. I mean she actually outran her mom! :o Went straight for the pond and did a belly flop into the water! :S Her mom fished her out a second later and she had all that pond scum on her. :| BATH TIME! Maybe that was her excuse for going into the pond... :D

But nevertheless, anytime we're near water, we have to watch her like a hawk.

The bottom two drawers are empty for that reason. Arrrgh!

Try putting cool stuff for her into the two bottom drawers. Let her find some stuff. Maybe the tupperware.

We did that with my son, and it helped.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

dude your fucking deaf, isnt everything quiet?:P

(stuff snipped)
You know when you have stuff to do but you still need to know what your kids are doing when you can't keep your eyes on them? How the hell do you do it? I can hardly get any major stuff done.
(more stuff snipped

Build a Kid Corral... best thing I ever did.

At least you won't have to listen to her scream while she's in it!!! ;)