SpeedRacer

I can make lager now.

Dayaam, I am jealous,
i used to brew, Are you mashing your own grain? using liquid yeast? grow your own hops?
Years ago I worked at a microbrewery, the pay sucked -but it sure was fun running the equipment, all those big tanks and kettles. 400 gals. at a time. Enough beer to swim in. Then they went bankrupt.

Come on own up, you drank all the profits:P

We used to make cider when I was living in ooh arr Doorset an down on the farrm, You knew it was time to drink when the meat had dissolved off the bone.
Nothing like a good scrumpy.

Gone fishing

If you are doing wine form the kits it's pretty easy.

You doing the diycetel rest or straight cold conditioning?

I still need to make a false bottom for my cooler to go all-grain. I may do a stainless braid and batch sparge just to get a batch done. All I can taste in my brews is that extract twang. Got to stop hanging at the homebrew shop drinking everyone else's brews. I can only taste my flaws now (for the first few)

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

Sweet topic! My friend and I have done a batch of beer or 2, but our favorite is making cider. So easy, so cheap, and you can get really trashed on it too. The most basic cider is just an assortment of 1 gallon containers of apple juice from your local grocer, and yeast. this gives you about 5%. Easily add sugar, honey, or apple juice concentrate to up your gravity, and along with champagne yeast towards the end of ferment and you have some strong stuff! My strongest batch was about 14%, and went down like water. Hooray for homebrew! My next step is 5 gallon kegs and carbonating for the bottles using the co2 tank.

On a serious note, how differant is it from making something like wine?

I was drinking some home made wine this guy gave me at work and it was...foul. Done the job, just tasted like Ink though so wasnt very enjoyable [:/]

I've home brewed beer about 7-8 years now. I've not done wine, but my dad tried it and it was . . . like jet fuel.:S From the recipes I've seen, wine is twice as involved as beer. Beer takes about 3 steps to make, wine half a dozen or more. Try your hand at beer. :)

Hi Speed!!,
Sounds like fun and mighty tasty!! Back a few cases ago in Ca. I made about 30 gallons (6 sparklets jugs worth) of some tasty apricot wine. A lot of old fart DZ people from Perris and old Elsinore might remember (if they have any brain cells left!!! hehehe) I think it was about Christmas of '80 I gave away bottles of my wine that year. My apricot tree went nuts that year and I thought that was the best way to deal with all the excess fruit!!

Gotta do that again!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

My brother in law tried making some and fuck knows what went wrong but it came out like cider and was pretty fucking disgusting.

Definately something i'd like to get into though and actually learn to be good at it.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

If you are doing wine form the kits it's pretty easy.

You doing the diycetel rest or straight cold conditioning?

I still need to make a false bottom for my cooler to go all-grain. I may do a stainless braid and batch sparge just to get a batch done. All I can taste in my brews is that extract twang. Got to stop hanging at the homebrew shop drinking everyone else's brews. I can only taste my flaws now (for the first few)

Personally I use a bottle opener, or wave at the bartender...but that's just me. :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

For the mash I use one of those insulated coolers they use at football games to hold the gatorade. I removed the spout at the bottom & installed one of those Phil's False Bottoms for sparging the grains.

I've got an Igloo cube and another (rectangle) that holds ice for 5 days in 90* heat, so there should be minimal heat loss.

I'd use one of the GOTT coolers, but they would be to small unless doing a low gravity beer. I'm working with 10 gallon batches. I've got a 15 gallon fermentor, so I may do a 12 gallon boil and add extra water in the fermentor to get 13.5-14 gallons.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.