WatchYourStep

Need a little help with Excel

I'm trying to figure out if I can do something in Excel. I've searched the help and can't find anything.

I've attached the spreadsheet I'm using. Is it possible to change Column "A" to "Name" Column "B" to "SR" so on and so on or not?

Thanks for any help

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

As Squeak says you can use the first row as labels.

If you are wanting to keep your heading visible you can "freeze panes" to keep the heading visible as you scroll down. Similar with printing you can repeat at the top of each page.

Slightly updated with frozen pane to illustrate.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

the cell refrences are alpha numeric so they are fixed

if you are using excel for a data base you can either use ACCESS or you use the the #1 ROW for your HEADNIGS
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No.
There's Cell references (absolute, referential, etc.) that require the column and row headers to remain static.
The only change ability I'm aware of is to change the column headers to numeric by:

1. Choose Tools > Options and select the General tab.
2. Add the check mark to 'R1C1 reference style'

But, I don't ever use that because it's easier for me to see my cell references as alphanumeric, rather than all numeric.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

If you're going to use Excel as a database, do not leave any blank rows or columns, including a blank row after the header. Else, Excel will not recognize it as a db. This will lead to problems with sort, filter, graph, etc. On Sheet 2, combine the information on the second section with the first section.

select cell B2 by clicking it with your cursor.
Now go to window/freeze panes.
This way both the names AND the column headings will stay visible.

To have only the "column headings" stationary, select the entire row UNDER the onbe you wish to become the titles.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

If you are wanting to sort these columns, highlight the columns and go to data..Filter...Autofilter.

Very useful in managing lists.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey