adventurechick

Packing a new spectre

Ask a guy for help. Watch how he does it. Repeat 100 times. :D

Just kidding. You don't have to do anything for it to open slow, it's a Spectre. Just take your time, keep control of the pack job the best that you can, make sure the slider is all the way up and stays there, and don't give up!

PD will send you a free packing DVD if you ask. Shoot an email to [email protected].

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

Any tips for a new packer on packing a pretty new spectre? Should I do anything special for it to open slowly? It's pretty slippery... any cool tips... or should I just figure it out?

When I got my Spectre it was new, I found if I started folding at the top and never let my body off it I could get into the bag rather quickly and easly. Spectre's open slow no need to do anything with the nose.

I love love love my Spectre!! I do nothing w/ the nose & while I quarter the slider, I DO NOT pull it infront of the nose, jsut leave it folded between the collapsed cells.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

The most important factor - in making a Spectre open slowly - is keeping the slider hard up CLUNK! against the bottom of the stabilizer. This is easy toconfirm just before you stuff the bottom of the canopy into the middle of the bag.
Side-pack, pro-pack, wolmari-pack, psycho-pack, etc. all work as long as the slider slider is hard up CLUNK! against the bottom of the stabilizers.

all work as long as the slider slider is hard up CLUNK! against the bottom of the stabilizers.

This important to remember when packing any ram-air canopy. In my opinion failure to do this one thing causes the largest percentage of hard openings.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals