marcandalysse

Leave it to Beaver 50th anniversary today

For those of you growing up with the Beav and Tony and that slimeball Eddie (what was with that guy anyway??) you can celebrate or cry over the notice that the show started 50 years ago.

June Cleaver vacuuming the living room wearing pearl necklace and high heels in a well tailored suit, plus the father always in a tie even at home....I guess I ended up rebelling against everything in that show!!!:P

Not sure what affected me more in the long run....that stoopid show or the Sputnik launch at the same time 50 yrs ago when the school system put us into science classes and language labs...

marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

he said that silly...
been to google today??
;)

just been :)didnt read all of marc post (obviously:ph34r::ph34r:)

-----------------------------------------------------------
understandable he does tend to ramble on a bit:P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I not sure if any one every noticed that in a lot of the shows not all of then, but a lot of them you always had the scene of Ward (the father) and June (the mom) coming down stairs and June is telling ward he was pretty hard on the beaver last night, and the child had not gotten in trouble at that point in the show.
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

I not sure if any one every noticed that in a lot of the shows not all of then, but a lot of them you always had the scene of Ward (the father) and June (the mom) coming down stairs and June is telling ward he was pretty hard on the beaver last night, and the child had not gotten in trouble at that point in the show.

Yeah - And NOW the poor kid has anal leakage.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

does Howdy Doody have wooden balls???

:P

hopefully I won't forget my cell phone tomorrow and I'll call you.

No but the Gingerbread man shits M&Ms:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Same thing with 'Ozzie & Harriet'! Mom, always in a nice house dress and hair just perfect. Dad, in a suit and tie around the house. What, did these guys do for a living? Ah, the 50's... a more simple time. All this and the fears of 'atomic wars'! Anyone recall the drills in class, where you were told to hide under your desk and dad discussed with mom, the idea of buying a 'bomb shelter'? :D

Chuck

I can't believe you guys are talking like this in a Leave it to Beaver thread. What would June say?! :o

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

June Cleaver vacuuming the living room wearing pearl necklace and high heels in a well tailored suit

The cast was on GMA this morning. She said she wore the pearls to cover a huge hollow spot in her neck (and still wears them today!). She added that the heels were mostly because they wanted her to appear taller than the boys. As the boys grew, her heels got higher! The host added, "all she needed then was a whip to keep them all in line". I couldn't believe he said that! :ph34r:
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh, and what do you think when someone mentions a woman wearing stilettos and carrying a whip? A bible study meeting? :P

the scene of Ward (the father) and June (the mom) coming down stairs and June is telling ward he was pretty hard on the beaver last night

yeah and the parents slept in separate beds too.
no wonder Eddie was such a sleeze, he probably was part of that KY party.

by the way, Ozzie was a big band leader w/Harriet as singer. I am sure they were SWINGERS and partook of many non middle-class activities if ya know what I mean.....:o

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I can't believe you guys are talking like this in a Leave it to Beaver thread. What would June say?! :o

Well, if June would have siad something before, maybe Ward wouldn't have been so Hard On The Beaver!