Amazon

$25 per Flight for turbine aircraft.

I would say that $25 is cheap?:$

I have payed more than US$30 for a Jump.

I don't want to see prices go up either but they do. that is life.

pass the nuts please.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Psssst.. this is a surcharge on top of that... just for the priveledge of the airplane taking off. So you get to split that cost amoung all the others on the airplane with you.. not so bad on a C-130 load or evan an otter load... but a tad steep on a Porter or Turbine C-207.

I can take a short 2 hour drive up the the DZ around Vancouver BC and I could pay over $30 per jump.. I tend not to do that though.. we only pay about $25 per Porter jump this year

I actually got a response from a politician...prolly automated...:

Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the reauthorization of the Federal Aviation Administration. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to take this opportunity to respond.

On May 3, 2007, Senator John Rockefeller (D-WV) introduced the Aviation Investment and Modernization Act (S. 1300). This legislation would reauthorize the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) at $65 billion through fiscal year 2011.

S. 1300 would increase funding for the Airport Improvement Program by $100 million per year throughout the authorization, as well as increase the funding directed toward cargo airports. In addition, it would extend funding for the Essential Air Service program which provides air service to more than 140 rural communities across the United States. This legislation would also create the Air Traffic Modernization Fund. This fund would be financed by allowing the FAA to collect a $25 per flight surcharge from commercial aircraft, business jets, and turboprop aircraft that use the air traffic control system.

It is critical that the FAA is able to continue funding programs to increase the safety and efficiency of our aviation infrastructure. On May 16, 2007, the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation favorably reported S. 1300 out of committee. Please know that I will keep your concerns in mind as the full Senate considers the important issue of FAA reauthorization.

Again, thank you for sharing your views. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact me. In addition, for more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at http://martinez.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
United States Senator

You and your opinion on this very serious matter has been officially blown off by the politician whose office generated that reply.
Send him another letter with as many other peoples' signatures as you can muster, informing said politico that you will not be voting for this person when re-election time comes as long as he continues to support this onerous legislation ... see what kind of reply you get to that letter, and post it too.

Know how to tell when a politician is lying?

Their lips are moving!
Zing Lurks

I would say that $25 is cheap?:$

I don't want to see prices go up either but they do. that is life.

pass the nuts please.

Please learn about the issues before posting. This is an additional charge paying for infrastucture like ATC that major airlines/carriers use. They've lobbied to offload their expenses onto general aviation...... because they could and it's nice to have others pay your bills. It may not have an immediate impact on us, but it's the thin end of the wedge.