JENNR8R

What’s Worth Seeing at Disneyland, CA?

And what is a waste of time?

Next week I’ll be checking off one of those “things to do before I die.” I’m one of the few in the U.S. who has never been to a Disney theme park. [Disney World, FL didn't even exist when I was a child!] :o I’ll only have one day to spend there. What is a “must see” and what should be avoided?
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

ignore California adventuer all together. but if you do make it in there, you must see. 'Soaring over California' .. inside disneyland.. most popular rides are .. Space Mountain in tomorrowland, Indianna Jones in Adventureland, Splashe Mountain in critter country. other good ones. Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion , though i think it is jack skelington this time of year. .. big thunder mountain railroad. .. one of my favorites is the Buzz lightyear AstroBlasters. ... well, i think thats pretty much all of them. haha. ... the shows are always nice too... forget the parade, .. that is waste of time. Watch Fantasmic on Rivers of America/tom sawers island.. times are probably 9:00 and 10:30pm .. as well as the fireworks show. 9:25pm.

no, i'm not a disney freak, i just had the unfortunate pleasure of working there for 5 years. and they brainwash us so much i won't ever forget this crap. >:(

CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

You should wait until October 20th and come play with the skydiver group we have going!

That would be totally awesome, but this trip is being combined with Chicks Rock.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

You can cover pretty much the entire park in one day.

I'd rather go to a thrill ride park, but there really are a lot of neat things to see and do at Disneyland. Among my favorites are: Indiana Jones Adventure ride, Haunted Mansion, Priates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Spalsh Mountain, Honey I Shrunk The Audience 3D, Peter Pan's Flight, and the Submarine ride.

And what is a waste of time?

Next week I’ll be checking off one of those “things to do before I die.” I’m one of the few in the U.S. who has never been to a Disney theme park. [Disney World, FL didn't even exist when I was a child!] :o I’ll only have one day to spend there. What is a “must see” and what should be avoided?

Everything there is fun if you have enough drinks in you. :) If no booze I suggest sticking to the big name rides that have the longest lines.
Poetry don't work on whores.

When you get in the park, go to the left. Most people go to the right. The lines will be shorter. ;) Oh, and get the fast pass tickets too. And, bring your own water bottle (and refill in fountains) and snack food in a small backpack. Food prices are horrendous!

As for rides: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Light Year...do they have Space Mountain there?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I really liked the Peter Pan ride, but it's been so long since I've been there that I don't know if that ride still exists. It was one of the kiddie rides, but it was cool because you fly around in a pirate ship, looking down at the city lights... :)

DisneyLAND
NOT
DisneyWORLD!!!!!

i think some of us have the parks mixeded up...

personally....not a fan of the Rat, so I avoid the place. Having grown up in central Florida where Disney=WORLD is, we just tried to do something worthy of getting kicked out....when we were kids anyway.
2 I know work:
running into each other thereby causing the indy cars to jump the track so you can drive them around in the grass, and smoking pot inside the haunted mansion ride.

at least those worked as a kid...:)
from what I've been told...:P

Don't forget It's A Small World!

Just remember not to listen to anything within 100 yards of that ride... the song'll get stuck in your head for a month.:|

"...It's a small world after all...">:(

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I just looked at the website, and the Peter Pan ride is still there: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=PeterPansFlightAttractionPage

So I recommend that ride. And I doubt the line for it will be very long (it wasn't when we went), so it shouldn't take up too much of your time. The flying bit reminded me of the flying dreams I often have, so I'm guessing that other skydivers might like it too.

Hmm, now I want to go to Disneyland!

Well, play hookie on Friday, 10/12 and join us. :)

Skip Disneyland and go to the chicks rock boogie in Elsinore;)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.