jtval

keeping a log book!

I expect all you other dz.com weirdos to sign my logbook in Rantoul and Eloy.

No relation at all to Sunshine, whose post I replied to. No, none at all, since she certainly isn't strange.

You certainly know how to make a girl feel special. :P I have no problemo signing people's logbooks, for some reason i just never bother to get mine signed.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Does anyone "bounce proof" their logbooks? I think this is something from the old days.

I've thought about it but I dont like to tempt fate THAT much! LOL
Ive had a sarcastic destiny so far I dont wanna mess it up even more! lol:o
My photos

My Videos

Something I saw at Perris that I really liked was a dz.commer who takes pictures of the people she jumps with (those little peel-n-stick ones) and sticks them into her logbook.

I thought that was a great idea too!
Val even put a picture on the Dropzone.com banner. Talk about creative.

If you look to the right you can see my jump numbers. I am 3 short of starting log book number 76. I do tandems and have people ask if I took up so and so their cousin etc. I can show them as all their names are in there. I have DZO's call and ask who was the fourth guy on a load two week-ends ago .I have it. Bob Hoover Lew Sanborn Bob Sinclair Jerry Bird Carl Boenish Carl and Roger Nelson Paul Fayard have all signed my books. We have a guy that already made two or three hundred jumps alreadt this year. The manifest master log has him at 43, just a little difference.One post wanted the number of different planes we have jumped out of .Revewing my books its 67. Cant do that by memory or it would be 400 or 500 easy. I have a running hours in freefall 157 hrs 37 min 22 seconds. I wouldnt do it any other way, I am glad I did. Its also fun to have a sub-hundred jump wonder sign it.It slows some of the jaw flapping down when the see you have more log books than they have jumps. At least until you leave

whats your take on this?
do you or dont you keep a log?

Dude, you remind me of myself when I was younger. :D
I ONly have like 1050 jumps now but I still log everyone of them. It's like a diary. When I am discussing some stuff that happened years ago I can go to the log book and find out exactly what,who,when and where.

Can't always explain the WHY.

If I had to do it all again I would still log every jump.
My photos

My Videos

Maybe you should try PM'ing him instead of replying to a 4 year old thread. Just a suggestion..

good suggestion..
but when a friendship goes back Thirty Five years:o:P:)a " 4 year old thread" is no big deal...
DZ dot com notifies my email, when someone has repleid to a thread post....(thanx Sangiro)

I had no idea. who catchsky was.... and for sure did not recall posting in that thread way back when....But upon reading his post I
was VERy VEry pleased to hear from a
long ago PAL,,,, who flew many many loads for us, and with whom I made a bunch of skydives....
good idea about a PM though,,, i might just send him one...;)

jimmy:)

Sure !!! I'll reply !!!!!

Alan !!!!!

hahahah great to hear from you....
all is well here. how about you...?
i'll send ya' one of them "newfangled PM's"....
or else reach me by email.... [email protected]
hey do you still have the GlassAir??????

ps the avatar here, is from the mid 70's.. Brand X jumpsuit, French Papillon, R'3's , blasthandle.....:ph34r::S;):)
jimmy from Tibors':)

Absolutely..not that I'm superstitious or anything...and I can't spell that long word either, :D...but yes, I always bounce-proofed my logs. Somehow it always made me feel safer, but with all the chances I seemed to take I probably know nothing about safety.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."