guppie01

Blech :-P

The company I work for has an inter-company magazine that is distributed (globally) on a monthly basis - our pres. of HR has nominated an article be written on me. Don't get me wrong I'm so very honored to be chosen, however I'm lacking anything profound or insightful to say and the interview is tomorrow. :|

I'm stressed and excited at the same time. I'm fearful I'm going to make an ass out of myself and disappoint those who feel I'm worthy of this. Although it's an opp for me to shine and further my career, especially considering the contract that I handle expires Feb. of 08 and I need to network internally.

Anyone got anything.... :ph34r::P

[:/]
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Been there, done that. Was featured in my last company's quarterly magazine right after 9-11. They were originally going to put a nice picture of me coming in for a landing on the cover, but opted for one of Old Glory flying on the pole at the plant, understandably. Any idea why they chose you?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Any idea why they chose you?

I have no clue - I just received an e-mail out of the blue yesterday to expect a call from the writer regarding the article. Funny thing is I was shocked to see the HR pres nominated me - I totally felt he thought I was the "class clown." The first time I met him (early spring) at a leadership program he said "You know you talk too much, you really need to learn how to listen." "Calm down and listen."

Our second installment of leadership training I made such a concerted effort to keep my mouth shut.

Then at a Tiger Team meeting he told me "Gia, feel free to give open and honest feedback as much as possible."

Guess I'm having trouble finding a happy medium... :P

The dude completely throws me off guard all the time. :ph34r:

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Talk about skydiving. What has it done for you? Do you face your fears more easily now? Has it given you more confidence in yourself? Do you feel like you can accomplish goals because of that confidence? Definitely use the interview to your advantage!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My co-worker suggested something along those lines as well - adding:

- willingness to take calculated risks
- ability to assess risk and quickly react
- harnessing nature / being an outdoor person and how important it is to preserve our natural resources (our co. is working very "green" and it's a big internal and marketing push right now)

My brain is so fried right now (from work), and I'm just drawing a blank page.... IT SUCKS!!!!

g
OMG, is she okay?

LOL :ph34r:

I don't recall being drunk when I arrived - I believe I was after you fed me vodka the rest night! :P:ph34r:

Thanks Matt!!!

g

OMG, is she okay?

Those are great ones too. Just make a list of the key words and put it next to the phone to help remind you. Look at it this way, you do something that very few people will even consider doing once, use it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

- harnessing nature / being an outdoor person and how important it is to preserve our natural resources (our co. is working very "green" and it's a big internal and marketing push right now)

My brain is so fried right now (from work), and I'm just drawing a blank page.... IT SUCKS!!!!

g

Don't forget 'teamwork reliance' & 'commitment to success'!!! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

g

G....I think that these are all great ideas. If you want to chat later....give me a call and we can discuss it over a glass of wine:ph34r:
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

if it's an interview why not just let the interviewer, guide you with their questions, or is it more about Gia giving a commentary on herself?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The parent company has something like that. Their magazine is called "Tip of the Iceburg." The company I work for is based out of Alaska.

I like Skymama's Idea
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192