mccallj

Auburn Skydiving

Are there any other students in Auburn who skydive? Been on the look out but no luck so far so figure this is as good a place as any.

EDIT: Auburn Al, Auburn University
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

I think every state in the country has an Auburn.

It might help if you put the state in your thread title so people don't have to look up your profile to figure out where you're talking about...unless there's only one Auburn jump center in the country, but I doubt it. :P

-Our Auburn is about 6 minutes up the road from me, and you wouldn't want to skydive there. :ph34r:

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Dang. I thought Auburn had a skydiving club. Have you checked at the Student Center?

If they do, tell them to get their butts down to the UofF Colegiate Invitational in Palatka in a couple of months.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I've looked everywhere I know to look and I haven't found anything. I'm gonna have to start it, might have to wait until it warms up a little in a couple of months.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

There is no skydiving club at Auburn University, I've tried to start one but it seems that Auburn had one a while back and decided it wasn't safe :S

But Anyways there are a few skydivers in Auburn... Me, and 2 others that i know of... Where do you jump?

-Chris Martin

I usually jump at the farm but I'm a student at
Auburn.

Skydive opelika scared the crap out of me. Pilot was completely insane and not in a good way, and the gear was very old.

That might be a deal killer, I cant support a skyride DZ on moral grounds. That and if they cut you short somewhere (deceptive business practices for tandems) they are bound to do it in another area. When it comes to skydiving im not gonna risk that.

No one in Auburn skydives. It's because of the War Eagle. He will attack anything in flight and attempt to mate with it. Only Chuck Norris can survive such an attack.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm a RollTide guy, but that was funny as shit!

Congrats btw!

that was good.
Jack Bauer named his cat 'Chuck Norris.' Why? Because he's a pussy.

I started my skydiving with the Auburn University Skydiving Club in 1985.
It's a shame that the university wont support a club anymore.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Well now that I know they tried to outlaw it it makes it a real challenge to get it started again. I like challenges B| The harder the better.

EDIT: I'm going to need sponsors and partner DZ's.

I think this is the crux. The university is going to make such insurance and liability demands on the group and the dz & sponsors to offset its risk that it won't be feasible. Their perception will already be prejudiced, and they obviously don't want to do it anyway.
Roll Tide Roll

I think this is the crux. The university is going to make such insurance and liability demands on the group and the dz & sponsors to offset its risk that it won't be feasible. Their perception will already be prejudiced, and they obviously don't want to do it anyway.

You do need 15 members. Right now im just starting the planning stage. Its going to be best to sign people up after it starts to warm up again.

The university can be indemnified rather easily, its just a matter of figuring out how to set it up. Better education about the sport will also be in order for the university officials that make the decisions. Let them in on little facts like its safer to skydive than it is to drive.