ACMESkydiver

Closing Pins to Help Donate $ To Tonto's Adopted Child

I was asked to do these for Tonto to help with the donation for the little girl that he and Taya are supporting. How can I say no?

I checked with my suppliers and everything should be ok. This time, I am going to go about this in more of an orderly fashion. After whomever decides what they want the pins to say, I'll have an 'order by' date. That way I will have ALL orders in by one date, and will be able to consolidate some of the shipping charges/batch charges together to save expense (As some expenses have gone up...such is the nature :S)

Each closing pin will be hung from a 'jump' ring that you can then hang on a necklace, key ring, whatever. I am NOT doing necklaces. They take too much time, profit away from the cause, and I'm just not very good at it, either. :$

Money made over and above costs of materials, production labor, and shipping will go to Peter (ntrprnr) to the account established for the deaf girl that Tonto and Taya support. There is no profit involved in these closing pins.

First off: I need to know what to print on the front and back of the pins. Sangiro and others that were close to Tonto, I'll leave this to all of you to decide. Perhaps if anyone is in touch with Taz you could get her input.

It will be the same $10 per pin as last time, however I will need $2 for shipping as well (shipping and tax are predominantly what has gone up in the production costs of these pins). Shipping covers both the postage and the envelope...some will cost me more to ship, some less...I figure $2 should average out pretty well. Last time I also forgot to factor in the $ that PayPal takes out when people deposit into it...so I think this will work well and we'll be able to generate some money for this little girl and people can have a token of what Tonto loved to do.

I'm attaching a copy of closing pins I did for our friend Josh. They will look similar to these, but of course with whatever message is decided for Tonto.

Let me know. I have a PayPal account already...I'll just need orders by a date that we can all agree upon...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

For those is South Africa who want one, I will pay the shipping for a bulk package of these to South Africa, if we had someone on that side wiling to send them onto the people who ordered them.

May his memory and wisdom live on in our hearts and souls

Let's have orders in to me by November 30th. -Does that sound good to everyone? Money for each person's donation/order needs to be in to my PayPal ([email protected] is what I've used for donation accounts in the past) by December 1st so I can get the pins in and get them to the metal worker and get them back and hopefully in everyone's hands for the New Year holiday.

Single batches are ALWAYS less complicated and eat up much less money towards the cause. :)
If you want pins, here is what I'll need:

Your full name
Your dropzone.com screenname if you have one (otherwise it's confusing getting PM's and emails both)
The amount of pins you want, and then an email telling me that you paid the PayPal account
The address to ship the pin(s) too.

Please use my [email protected] email for correspondence regarding this matter; I'd like to keep my business email box separate.

I just had a very generous donation of the actual raw closing pins from another dz.commer...thank you very much. :)
Thanks.

~Jaye

I'm going to see if this will fit on one side:

'blue skies always'

-and on the back:

'tonto D515'

Taz says lower case 'T', as that's how he would want it...she said he was a quiet and humble man, and his lower case 't' was representative of those traits.

Wow. [:/] That's amazing.

Ok I think that will be it if I can fit it...I will let you all know ASAP.

~Jaye

Hi J,

I've had a few people wondering what the final print's going to be.

Will the 'blue skies always' as per your previous post fit?

Thanks once again for doing this,

J

Thank you for asking;

I apologize, I haven't gotten to the metal marker again since the first call with him. He uses a computer program, and to avoid confusion I am going to print out a file in the correct font and format to make sure that it will work. If need be, we may have to smash it together...like 'BlueSkiesAlways'...or it may need to go to 'blue skies'. I will see if I can catch him in shop tomorrow afternoon (my closing pin orders are tiny little side jobs that he does because he's nice to me. They predominently do these HUGE metal fabrication pieces for ducting work for corporations, so he's sometimes tough to catch ;)).
~Jaye

Hi J,

I've had a few people wondering what the final print's going to be.

Will the 'blue skies always' as per your previous post fit?

Thanks once again for doing this,

J

Hey J (and all),

I just got word back from my metal marker, and he says 'yes', it fits on the pin nicely. B|

The pins will say:

[front] blue skies always
[back] tonto D515

Thank you all.
~Jaye

I just ordered mine--was reminded of the 30 November deadline by an email to the South African skydiving community. Thank you so much Jaye and everyone who contributed through buying a closing pin. This is such a nice way to remember. It has been a month since he died. The sky was blue today where I was. -T
It's the Year of the Dragon.

I just ordered mine--was reminded of the 30 November deadline by an email to the South African skydiving community. Thank you so much Jaye and everyone who contributed through buying a closing pin. This is such a nice way to remember. It has been a month since he died. The sky was blue today where I was. -T

I'm glad that you have beautiful memories, T.

We are very likely extending out that deadline for South Africa. Everyone else will have a cut off date of tomorrow, but Johann asked about giving SA some more time and I have no problem with that.
~Jaye

Last call for other-than-South Africa closing pins.

Please see above for details; send money to PayPal under [email protected] then send me an email to confirm, your full name and screenname here on DZ.com (if you have one), and a shipping address for the pin.

If you haven't gotten an email back from me confirming your order, you don't have an order...so please contact me asap.

Thanks all.
~Jaye