Ripple

Fur

The following statements are posted on another forum and I'd like to know if they're true.

1) Nothing man-made quite has the warmth and comfort that real fur has.

2) Some fur sold as fake, isn't. Its actually real fur.

I can't quite believe either of these statements. If the first were true, surely all polar expeditioners would be clad in full length polar bear with a under layer of mink? The second statement also makes no sense to me, surely it's not cost effective, never mind anything else, to produce real fur but sell it as fake?

Anyone help me out here?
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

Fuck :|

I find the idea of fake fur a bit confusing anyway. Kinda like "Turkey bacon".

Why the fuck would I buy something made of a food I am willing to eat made to look like a food that I am not willing to eat?

Why would I wear material I am willing to wear made to look like something I wouldn't?

Walt

Sorry to disappoint, I can't be perfect all the time. :P

just kidding.

Anyway, so what about people who have leather couches or wear suede shoes? Do you feel the same way toward them?

And it's not like I have a burning desire to wear fur or anything, but it doesn't bother me if people want to.

edit:

Sometimes it's fun to be a bitch.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

Anyway, so what about people who have leather couches or wear suede shoes? Do you feel the same way toward them?

No. Of course, I suppose it does matter what type of leather. I would answer "yes" if it were ostrich.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

And this is partially why I like you. :):D;)

(Fur is an entirely different matter than leather. Leather is one thing but fur is--literally--a whole different animal.B| This thread might eventually be moved to SC and I might decide to post there about it.B|)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

2) Some fur sold as fake, isn't. Its actually real fur.

Would you buy a fur coat if they told you it was nutria?

Louisiana is overrun with nutria. The fur is actually quite nice. About like muskrat or mink. If, I'm not mistaken, there is a lot of nutria fur sold... under a different name of course.:D

Chuck

Oy vey. Where do I begin?

Both are treated in royally inhumane ways & raised for their purpose. And yep, the animal is tortured by fuckheads who get off on it for no other reason than fucking idiots who want to sport its skin in the name of fashion (unless you're a damn Eskimo).

That's putting it nicely.

Hi Speaker's Corner.

:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Fuck :|

I find the idea of fake fur a bit confusing anyway. Kinda like "Turkey bacon".

Why the fuck would I buy something made of a food I am willing to eat made to look like a food that I am not willing to eat?

Why would I wear material I am willing to wear made to look like something I wouldn't?

Walt

Just when I thought that college education was worth something...:S

I LOVE fur, and leather. And ya, I wear both. I have 25 and 30 year old coats, and you can't usually find a manmade material that will last that long.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]