Bolas

What do you do when a prank you're in backfires?

What if the prankee was the original prankster and had the pranker start the prank so everyone else became the prankees?:ph34r:;)

What if the pranker was the original prankster, one of the people in on the joke suggested to let the prankee in and get everyone else, then found out the prankee knew before being told, then the prankee played along, and the pranker and the prankee made it look like the whole thing it was all one of the other people in on the joke's idea that backfired when the pranker "came clean"? :)

Nah, that's way too complicated. :S
It'd never work. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

For all those who are super confused and are wondering WTF Bolas IS talking about, here's a kind of condensed version...

2fat2fly sent out an e-mail yesterday to a group of us about a "fake" event where he would bring in specialty aircraft (a Mustang, bomber, etc.) to Mobile. He had sent an e-mail earlier to everyone on the list except for PsychoBob saying that this was not a real event, he just wanted to trick Psycho since he would be in Vietnam during this timeframe. This is not all that farfetched of an idea, because they did bring in a Bomber to Destin last year and did beach jumps, which PsychoBob was a part of.

So we all start replying back to the e-mail chain saying "Awesome!" and "Can we do beach jumps?" and talking about travel arrangements and so forth.

PsychoBob first replies he wants to go, then replies that he'll be in Vietnam. 1st thing this morning when I check my e-mail PsychoBob has replied that he has changed his flight and hotel for Vietnam to be able to come to this and it cost him $1000 and he sure hopes the weather is good and the planes don't cancel.

That's when Bolas made this post.

PsychoBob then says that 2fat2fly told him that this was all Bolas' idea and he just got Shane to send out the e-mail. Shane has agreed to pay PsychoBob 1/2 of the $1000 and he expects Bolas to make up the rest.

PsychoBob didn't really change his flight, and according to him the whole thing was his idea to prank the rest of us. :D

I'm still not entirely sure who exactly came up with the whole thing, but it was very entertaining while it lasted.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I want to go on record as saying, I didn't inhale-I have no recollection of those events-I did not have sexual relations with that woman-and I am very happy in Atlanta and plan to remain as the Falcon's coach.

yep, that covers it
:)

I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

When I saw Shane's email about JU88 and P51 jumps I knew something was up. The B24 was believable but I don't even know of any flying JU88's and they definitely wouldn't hold 8 jumpers so I played along. Later he let me in and I ran with it from there.

I would love to take credit for such a devious scheme but Shane gets all the credit. :D:D:D:D:D:D

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

If you're in on pranking someone but aren't the leader and that prank blows up because the person does something unexpected, What do you do?

[:/]

Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

***But shane broke into my office and deleted all the emails from my work puter. He'll stop at nothing...beware!!

Maybe Sunny started the whole thing and destroyed the evidence in her computer and now id blaming it on Shane. hummmmm...the plot thickens..B|:D:D

RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Maybe Sunny started the whole thing and destroyed the evidence in her computer and now id blaming it on Shane. hummmmm...the plot thickens.

But but but, i'm not evil enough to ever think of something that devious!! :):)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

***But but but, i'm not evil enough to ever think of something that devious!!

BWAAAAHHAHA!!!!!! How could possibly think such an innocent saint could be part of such an evil scheme. The horror!:ph34r::D:D:D

***Well, what was the prank?

Sunny and Shane were trying to trick Bolas into going to Vietnam and getting married.