ladyskydiver

Hummus

Crackers, pita bread (toasted or not), toast, with onions, or cucumbers, bagels (toasted or not)...I love hummus.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you're making the hummus, use very good olive oil. It's worth it.

This hummus is stuff I bought. Any good recipes for making homemade hummus? :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Good bread (not wonder white stuffs.... but real good fresh bread)

Humus is WONDERFUL! :)

:D I haven't eaten white bread since I was a kid. *shudder* It was soggy, tasteless stuff. I love the whole grain/wheat/multi-grain stuff. Now...if I could just get motivated to make homemade bread. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I haven't eaten white bread since I was a kid. *shudder* It was soggy, tasteless stuff.

But just PERFECT for a bologna and american cheese sandwich. :) Nothing works better for that particular combo. And good ol' French's mustard. YUM. Wish I had something besides crunchy bread and smoked turkey here right now. Mmmmm. Got me jonesin'.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I thought you'd never ask ;)

Hummus with Olives and Pimentos

1 can Chick Peas
4 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Salt
8 oz. extra virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon minced Garlic
dash of Tabasco, to taste
¼ cup chopped Green Olives w/pimentos
¼ cup chopped Black Olives

Blend chick peas in a food processor until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well by hand. Chill. Serve with toast, pita, French or flat bread.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

HUMMUS

2 to 3 cloves garlic
1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and liquid reserved
2 to 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
A handful fresh parsley leaves
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Pinch kosher salt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Chop the garlic finely in a food processor. Add the beans and 1/2 of the reserved liquid and process finely or to desired consistency. Add the peanut butter, parsley, lemon zest and juice, black pepper, and salt. Process until it forms a paste. Drizzle in the olive oil and process until it reaches the consistency of mayonnaise.

as said before, use good olive oil and use good chick peas. one time my wife brought generic walmart chickpeas and the hummus wasn't as good. sometimes i aslo roast a red pepper. use a grill, gass burner on your stove, or the broiler to blacken the skin. after you've blackened the pepper, let it rest in a paper or plastic bag for 10 or 15 minutes. remove the blackened skin and remove the seeds and stem. add the meat of the pepper in the food processor when you add the beans.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

When it comes to hummus, you can pretty much put it on a plank of wood and I'd eat it!:$

You can use hummus as a condiment on wraps and sandwiches adding flavor and cutting calories if you are normally using mayo.

My favorite is a veggie wrap with field greens, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and crumbled feta rolled up in a lavash bread spread with hummus. Healthy and filling!

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Tahini is a cornerstone ingredient for a good, authentic, traditional hummus. Also use enough garlic to repel a troupe of vampires. If you use herbs, only use fresh instead of dried.

Mikey

The hummus that I have does have tahini in it. It's, also, roasted garlic. B| Good thing I'm not planning on kissing anyone when I eat that. The garlic is quite potent. :D