nanook

Those Holiday sales kiosks in the malls

So I am out shopping for my Wife when all of a sudden a young woman thrusts an aluminum platter of clear-colored objects up to my face:

Vendor: "Want to sample. . ."
Me: "thank you" (pops offered kaliedioscope of opaqueness in my mouth)
Vendor: ". . .a smell of our line of soaps?"
FFFUUUKKK ME!!!!!>:(>:(

I miss Scientologists sometimes>:(

Anybody else annoyed by the increased number of salesmen that pop up during the holidays? They are like ninjas meet the Inquisition. If it's not their helium filled alien disks they throw at unsuspecting pacemaker dependents, its their face laceration causing remote controlled helicoptors they buzz the japanese tourists with.>:( How come you don't see BenBridge Jewelers shoot Rolex watches out of potato cannons at people or a Mac salesman bean someone with a laptop? It's always some cheap crap you wouldn't deposit in a Toys for Tots box for fear of the attendant Marine beating the crap out of you for inconsideration?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

So I am out shopping for my Wife when all of a sudden a young woman thrusts an aluminum platter of clear-colored objects up to my face:

Vendor: "Want to sample. . ."
Me: "thank you" (pops offered kaliedioscope of opaqueness in my mouth)
Vendor: ". . .a smell of our line of soaps?"
FFFUUUKKK ME!!!!!>:(>:(

I miss Scientologists sometimes>:(

Anybody else annoyed by the increased number of salesmen that pop up during the holidays? They are like ninjas meet the Inquisition. If it's not their helium filled alien disks they throw at unsuspecting pacemaker dependents, its their face laceration causing remote controlled helicoptors they buzz the japanese tourists with.>:( How come you don't see BenBridge Jewelers shoot Rolex watches out of potato cannons at people or a Mac salesman bean someone with a laptop? It's always some cheap crap you wouldn't deposit in a Toys for Tots box for fear of the attendant Marine beating the crap out of you for inconsideration?

The solution to the problem is you go into hiding from the day before turkey day til Jan.2. That's what I do.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Here's what you do...

You hire some interference or a distractor. He goes in ahead of you and entagles the obnoxious salesman for hours and then buys nothing. Meanwhile you shop unmolested.
:D:D:D

I learned that from our local daylight robber gang.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Ya know Chris Martin used to sell a heck of allot of tandems from a kiosks in the mall around Christmas time.....

I've never seen anybody do that, ever! Chris Martin??? That would have been a funny sight! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Here's what you do...

You hire some interference or a distractor. He goes in ahead of you and entagles the obnoxious salesman for hours and then buys nothing. Meanwhile you shop unmolested.

That sounds remarkably like the job description of a wing man.

Just substitute "ugly friend" for "Obnoxious Salesperson"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Only thing I found that works is to just keep walking. Yeah, it's rude, but IMO they're being rude first. B| I hate those kiosk vendors who try and corral you like vultures. >:(

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Here's what you do...

A wingman! Good idea. I'll bring a jehova's witness. Two salesmen trying to sell eachother.B|

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln