blithedj

Reflex Pop-top replacement?

Hey everyone,

The other day my pop-top on my rig came off during a jump. (Only the outter cordora fabric of the pop-top.) The pop-top was still seated the same when I landed. Functionally the rig is the same, other than there's one less layer of safety in terms of snagging.

Does anyone know where I may find a replacement for this part? I sent the people at Trident an email responding to this page: http://www.tridenthc.com/parts.htm but I'm not getting a response and the phone number listed on that page seems to be out of service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How did it happen? I'd think it would take quite a force to peel off the cordura cap/

Yeah, the theory is that I snagged the door on exit. At about 8 grand my instructor saw the black cap fly off... He initially thought premature reserve deployment but everything seemed to be fine.

I love the 182, but I'll be more careful on my bomb-outs. I didn't even feel any snag or the like - but I was probably pretty amped up.

Hooray for pop-tops!