freefallfreak

Best Brandy??

Ok, ppl...I don't drink alcohol very much. What I know about it you could probably fit in a teacup. BUT...I have a very important event coming up and want to celebrate in a great fashion so I was thinking...Maybe a bottle of really good Brandy. Now, that being said, cost isn't a great factor as long as I can keep it under $150.00-200.00. I have a friend whose uncle makes blackberry brandy and altho it's a bit sweet, it has a great flavor, so I'm kinda' leaning towards that flavor but I want something not homemade that doesn't have a bad aftertaste or a "bite" to it....

Any suggestions? I'm gonna' need some help with this one.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Not sure what the prices are in the US, but Courvoisier or Hennesy Cognacs are great. I prefer the XO above VSOP. VSOP is made of younger components and can be slightly harsh.

Most Armagnacs are cheaper than cognac and, as a rule, smoother, whilst having as complex flavours.

Another option is KWV (South African) brandy. The VO (5 yr old) can be drank with a mix (cola, water, ginger ale), but the 10 year old is lovely on it's own and only trupmed by the 20 yr old.

The abundance of flavours will astound you on any of the cognac / armagnac / 20 yr olds - be prepared to just sit back & sniff your glass for ages :P:)

A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Goofyjumper.:)

lol, cute! Yes I am a drink:P

DAMN!

Beat me to it!

I was goijg to say that the Gerrard brand is delightful.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Goofyjumper.:)

lol, cute! Yes I am a drink:P

DAMN!

Beat me to it!

I was goijg to say that the Gerrard brand is delightful.

And how would you know:D:D

Can't wait to whip it with you tonight!;)

Cuz . . .

Remember . . . I OWN YOU!:o

:P:PB|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

The "Best" Brandy?? I dont know about all that.;)

I mean she alright for a white Brandy and all.. But the BEST?? Come on now.:P:D:D

Well - I only partake in the White Brandys

As any soutpeel worth his SA heritage can attest to the wonder of the Klipdrift (or vroumoer as it is sometimes called) and Coke mix on a Saturday afternoon while the choms braai vleis, wors & chops

Nou dit is lekker

;)

No man Karl!!!!!!

Jack & Coke is already evil. Klippies & Coke!!! Now I know you're from the 'Vaal ;)
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

As any soutpeel worth his SA heritage can attest to the wonder of the Klipdrift (or vroumoer as it is sometimes called) and Coke mix on a Saturday afternoon while the choms braai vleis, wors & chops

Nou dit is lekker

;)

No man Karl!!!!!!

Jack & Coke is already evil. Klippies & Coke!!! Now I know you're from the 'Vaal ;)

For sure I'm a proud Vallie ...

B|