basejumpvideos

amazing dog basejump from a tall building in Oslo

I really hope that is a fake

Watch the small round canopy without an apex vent oscillate as it opens, then watch the way the dog lands. Obviously a fake.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

If it is not fake which I think it is, then they are @#$%^@^@#$%. That harness could easily break the dogs back. And a bark release canopy....please. Also note that the descent rate on landing was way slower than the other video showing the descent.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Ahh the magic of editing. They'd have done better dropping the dog from about 2' above the ground and tilting down with the toss rather than a static lock-off to create the landing though.
Of course it's not real. It's clever though!

I really hope that is a fake >:(

Why?

If the dog could be trained to do it and the owner wants to - Why Not?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I really hope that is a fake >:(

Why?

If the dog could be trained to do it and the owner wants to - Why Not?

Are you serious?

Because its a dog, thats why. A dog cant make an informed choice regarding the risk.

If the "owner" would so cavalierly risk the dogs life, then the owner would be a total ass and deserved to be badly beaten.

Fortunately its a fake.
__

My mighty steed

>A dog cant make an informed choice regarding the risk.

So?

Neither can border collies who herd sheep, or bomb-sniffing dogs, or military dogs who parachute into combat areas, or police dogs who are trained to go after armed criminals, or hunting dogs that run around while hunters are shooting into the air. Animals used for medical research don't make informed choices. Indeed, no animal does.

We have a responsibility to treat animals humanely. But honestly, a dog who skydives or BASE jumps is probably going to be treated a lot more humanely overall than your typical cow. Exposing them to risk alone does not equate to inhumane treatment.

is probably going to be treated a lot more humanely overall than your typical cow.

And definitely better than the sheep! ;)

Hahahahaha

My first full on, out loud, belly laugh of the day! [:/]
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

So?

Neither can border collies who herd sheep, or bomb-sniffing dogs, or military dogs who parachute into combat areas, or police dogs who are trained to go after armed criminals, or hunting dogs that run around while hunters are shooting into the air. Animals used for medical research don't make informed choices. Indeed, no animal does.

We have a responsibility to treat animals humanely. But honestly, a dog who skydives or BASE jumps is probably going to be treated a lot more humanely overall than your typical cow. Exposing them to risk alone does not equate to inhumane treatment.

Are we allowed to agree?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So?

Normally I find myself in accord with your opinions, but in this case not.

You are saying its OK to do something like this because its not as bad as other things that are also done to dogs.

Although I don't agree with all the other unchosen activities that animals are forced to participate in, the argument could be made that they at least may serve a greater purpose.

Forcing a dog to jump off a building with a parachute serves only one (or several) persons amusement.

Dog = toy

The persons amusement is more important than the dogs life.

Sorry, but I just don't see any moral or ethical right in that.
__

My mighty steed