ACMESkydiver

Fitness Quest -January 25th - February 1st POST

Don't know BF, but weight has gone down to 193, started at 207.
30 mins at the gym 3 times a week, cut out cereal in the a.m. and eating a very small lunch and small dinner before 7, nothing but water after 7. Seems to be working, except I get really hungry around midnight, so should probably hit bed earlier?
Thanks for the pushes.

nnight time eating is the toughest for me....I usually do something sugar free (jello/pudding) pistachios or a small amount of protein to hold me over....if you are going to bed at midnight I don't think a small snack between 9-10 would hurt you........as long as you are not eating in bed:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Don't know BF, but weight has gone down to 193, started at 207.
30 mins at the gym 3 times a week, cut out cereal in the a.m. and eating a very small lunch and small dinner before 7, nothing but water after 7. Seems to be working, except I get really hungry around midnight, so should probably hit bed earlier?
Thanks for the pushes.

14 pounds off, good job! B|

-The not eating after 7pm thing is HUGE...that helps me, too! I really combat late night cravings as well. One thing that helped me was to eat protein only if I had to eat late at night. It was explained to me by a doctor that by eating protein, your body works to break it down as you sleep. If you eat carb (which is what I tend to crave :S) and then hit the bed, your body will tend to store that (turns it to fat).

It really does work...I took to eating a small bit of cheese and turkey when cravings got the best of me when I was doing reeeally well eating. I'm going to start doing that again. (I had a piece of pizza last night with hubby & daughter and it really did me no good...:S)

I also fill up on water. If I'm hungry, I force myself to drink a full glass of water FIRST to make sure I truly am hungry and not just thirsty...then if I still want to eat, at least I don't eat so much.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

We just got digital cable, and I found the strip workouts Sunny was talking about. :$

The hubby is VERY supportive of my workouts, suddenly...:D:D:D

I have to check that out....but not in front of the children.....we got almost a 1/2 foot of snow so didn't make it back for my swim>:( - still planning on heading out in the am though:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

Gym is going well...didn't get to go as much last week as I was recovering from vegas and doing other stuff...

But still was up at it and turning up the intensity of my workouts and gaining strength...

So things are going well!!

Acme, I have some news from you, so check your PM's!
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Be CAREFUL with that snowboarding, Krisanne!! It's d-d-d-dangerous!! :o

:P

It was just d-d-d-dangerously cold up there! We had a blast, though. I'm still chilly, 'bout to crawl under my big down comforter for a snuggly night's sleep. I'm beat! 20 degrees and snowing all day and the first runs in two years and I am WIPED OUT!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Fun little workout today. Did 10 sets of the following routine:

15 regular pushups
15 regular situps
15 wide pushups
15 crunches
15 triceps pushups
15 atomic situps

All in all, a total of 450 ab exercises and 450 pushups of various kinds. Cakewalk.

Tomorrow it's a nasty swimming day, and a bunch more ab work. Still a cakewalk.B|

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I swam just over 7 miles last week and will do the same this week. Ran today on the elliptical and did some pull ups, dips, push ups, and back extensions. Hehehehehe. Morning swim tomorrow...I'll be a JACKASS with gills soon. Swimming is so much easier on the knees than running. And so much more fun. Gets me out of the office for a bit too - God knows I need it nowdays.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Fun little workout today. Did 10 sets of the following routine:

15 regular pushups
15 regular situps
15 wide pushups
15 crunches
15 triceps pushups
15 atomic situps

All in all, a total of 450 ab exercises and 450 pushups of various kinds. Cakewalk.

Tomorrow it's a nasty swimming day, and a bunch more ab work. Still a cakewalk.B|

Rescue swimmer? Are you sure you're not going for Navy SEALS? :o:P I got to check out SEAL training and BUDS (ballistic underwater demolitions, if I remember the acronym correctly) when I was in high school. >whew!very uh, fit. :)>:(
~Jaye

I swam just over 7 miles last week and will do the same this week. Ran today on the elliptical and did some pull ups, dips, push ups, and back extensions. Hehehehehe. Morning swim tomorrow...I'll be a JACKASS with gills soon. Swimming is so much easier on the knees than running. And so much more fun. Gets me out of the office for a bit too - God knows I need it nowdays.

Good job, Vinny! -Dumb question- what type, I mean what kind of stroke do you use? I'd like to swim for exercise some day when I can get a darned membership to somewhere with a pool. But I, uh, can't swim with my face in the water. :$ I mean I can physically do it, but I can't swim in a straight line when I do that. :$:$:ph34r:

Is there any way to swim with your face out of the water and still keep a good body position? :)
~Jaye

I just did a yoga ang pilates workout using On Demand. I love it!

I'm trying to figure a way to record those workouts onto VHS and store them in my fitness library. B|

Our home theater system thingy is so complicated that I don't know if I can make it work...but I'll give it a shot! ;)
~Jaye

The snow is keeping us inside.....pretty bad out there right now....but that meant that I was out shoveling for about an hour:|:|

DPH # 2

Rescue swimmer? Are you sure you're not going for Navy SEALS? :o:P I got to check out SEAL training and BUDS (ballistic underwater demolitions, if I remember the acronym correctly) when I was in high school. >whew!very uh, fit. :)>:(

At some point I did heavily consider becoming a Navy SEAL, but I didn't think I had the heart to put myself in the line of fire, or to shoot to kill. But physically, I'm still convinced I could have done it if I tried.

As for the training, there's a multi-episode documentary on the beginning to end of one BUD/S class which originally aired a couple years ago, "Navy SEALs: BUD/S Class 234." And the acronym translates to Basic Underwater Demolition and SEAL Training.

The classic statement about SEAL training and lifestyle is, "The only easy day was yesterday." If I keep that in mind, I should be more than ready to become a USCG Rescue Swimmer. Though I still need to find a way to hold my breath underwater for more than 2 minutes without freaking the hell out. :S

Edit: Noticed your other post about swimming. When I was training by a former Navy SEAL's guidelines, I was swimming the sidestroke almost exclusively, also known as the CSS, or Combat Swimmer Stroke. High efficiency, very quiet, and your head is largely to one side. Keep a straight line by tilting head backward every few strokes to keep the lane line centered. If you want to find it, check a bookstore for The Complete Guide to Navy SEAL Fitness by Stew Smith. Then search for his video on the CSS on YouTube or Google.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Are you using goggles? A modified breast stroke where you don't submerge your head or the sidestroke might work for you.

I do a combination to hit all the muscle groups, mixing it up with fins and kickboard to keep my nutty mind from being bored.

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I was swimming the sidestroke almost exclusively, also known as the CSS, or Combat Swimmer Stroke. High efficiency, very quiet, and your head is largely to one side. Keep a straight line by tilting head backward every few strokes to keep the lane line centered. If you want to find it, check a bookstore for The Complete Guide to Navy SEAL Fitness by Stew Smith. Then search for his video on the CSS on YouTube or Google.

Oh my gosh now that you mention it I did use that stroke in the army when we did 'drown proofing'. :D Didn't work. I nearly drown. They had to pull me out. :|:P

Apparently I don't swim very well with BDU's, boots, an LCE, and a weapon on. :$:ph34r:
~Jaye

Are you using goggles? A modified breast stroke where you don't submerge your head or the sidestroke might work for you.

I do a combination to hit all the muscle groups, mixing it up with fins and kickboard to keep my nutty mind from being bored.

Goggles could help! :)
~Jaye

You can keep the 'sickies' there [:/] I finally got over a 4 week respiratory infection >:( and got back into my routine.

Good news: 6 pounds lost this week

Bad news: it seems to all have come from my boobs :(

:D:D:D

Oh geesh...glad you're over the resp infection. Yikes. B|

6 pounds is amazing! :o -Condolences on the loss of your boobies. :P I completely understand.
~Jaye

Duuuude,

I would seriously KILL for 25% body fat! I'm just shooting for the "high normal" range. Of course, I've probably got a few years on you, plus boobs but still.......................

A few years? I'm thinking I'm probably older than you!!

This morning's numbers:

Still at 211, BF 24%.

Changed the workout a bit for more resistance, did 1x10 of the "miracle seven". I wasn't *quite* as tapped out, afterward, so I may have to adjust some more in the future. I'm going to stay with this for the week and see how well I adjust to it.

I was running a bit late so missed actual breakfast, but I had a couple apples in the fridge so I had one of those for brekkers.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I was swimming the sidestroke almost exclusively, also known as the CSS, or Combat Swimmer Stroke. High efficiency, very quiet, and your head is largely to one side. Keep a straight line by tilting head backward every few strokes to keep the lane line centered. If you want to find it, check a bookstore for The Complete Guide to Navy SEAL Fitness by Stew Smith. Then search for his video on the CSS on YouTube or Google.

Oh my gosh now that you mention it I did use that stroke in the army when we did 'drown proofing'. :D Didn't work. I nearly drown. They had to pull me out. :|:P

Apparently I don't swim very well with BDU's, boots, an LCE, and a weapon on. :$:ph34r:

Yeah, it's hard to stay afloat with full gear. That's why I'm glad I've taken a lifeguarding course, and I had to stay afloat for 5 minutes with a 10 lb brick extended over my head. When you lose the use of your arms, your legs get in damn good shape. And right now, my legs are twice as strong.

Today was some front crawl, hypoxic laps, and a bunch of underwater laps and serious lung building. No way I'm going to Basic with any less than a 2 minute lung capacity even under stress.