Cajones

Saving lives with your computer.

If HH starts folding, well, let me put it this way: abandon all hope, all ye 1st place wannabes;) I just hope the servers will still have some time for running dz.com.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I don't think we have to worry about folding on the dz.com server. Looking at the performance monitor graphs, it's hit way too hard, way tto often to churn out much in the way of folding. I'm sure he's using his personal computer to fold - and kudos to him for pitching in.

I'm folding on five, now; I just got my laptop back, today, and the first unit is about half-way. Team ranking is #147, and we're only a few short of a 50-way.

Keep sharing the love.

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Ok so I have no job and way too much time, but I've noticed that in the top 100 the highest team number is team 13854 or something. Assuming they give out the numbers starting at 1 then we are doing exceptionally well to be kicking position 144.

Over the last 24 hours I've noticed that our score increased by 3000, and the score of the team in 100th place increased by only 1500.

We have to grow our score by approx 20,000 to break into the top 100. But I have no doubt that we will kick through the 100th position in about 3 weeks; and we shall then be moseying past quite a few more teams after that.

If I get really bored I might load some stats into excel and work out what position we are should end up at. Btw, I need a job in the UK, anyone? :PB|;)

Rich M

50 on the list, but Andy is up there twice. He can only fly one slot.

Lew's Mom is pitching in, too. Since she's willing to ride tandem with me, we'll count her. She's such a cool mom!

I just figured out about this project (yep, I know, a bit late [:/]). Anyways, finished my first 'frames' :)
Don't underestimate your ability to screw up!

I've been running this for awhile with team 15 (Speedguide.net). We are currently in about 19th place of all teams or somewhere around there.

Here are my current stats:

User jumpinduo
Team SpeedGuide.net (id # 15)
Score 2016.34
User Rank 7000
WU 507

I have a 900MHz AMD and 2.4GHz P4 running now.

:)
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I used to be on a different team

User JustinFields
Team Free-DC (id # 758)
Score 3241.52
User Rank 3829
WU 1565

but now I've switched to the DZ.com team

User jfields
Team dropzone.com (id # 31515)
Score 5369.48
User Rank 2022
WU 207

Come on, Mountainman, time to move! ;)

If I get really bored I might load some stats into excel and work out what position we are should end up at. Btw, I need a job in the UK, anyone? :PB|;)

If nothing else changes we should make 100th in 10 days; 75th in 50days; 50th in 663 days; and finally reach and hold 45th, just knocking the Uni of Alabama into 46th in about 211.5 years :P
Rich M

Does the "If nothing changes" take into account the sudden jump in team members?

We made a substantial jump over the last few days. I have also e-mailed a few geeks I know who were doing SETI, and asked them to join the team.

I'd like to nominate Rich as the official Dropzone.com Folding Team statician. Do I hear a second?

Does the "If nothing changes" take into account the sudden jump in team members?
We made a substantial jump over the last few days. I have also e-mailed a few geeks I know who were doing SETI, and asked them to join the team.

All based on stats collected in last 24 hours.

I'd like to nominate Rich as the official Dropzone.com Folding Team statician. Do I hear a second?

Why thank you, er, I think :P;)
Rich M

Motion carried.

Richard, we expect to see some nice graphs, with pretty colors that show the intersection of our climbing stats with other teams stats.

Graphs of individual team member stats would be at the request of individual team members using, of course, the colors of their skydiving gear.

Graphs of individual team member stats would be at the request of individual team members using, of course, the colors of their skydiving gear.

Wow! I get a graph with Black, Pink, Green, Blue, Yellow, White, Red, and Silver? :P

Edit to add: I should start moving back up faster now, since all the computers I work on in this town are in the process of getting FireDaemon/Folding Console installed. That should bump me up to about 7 or 8 processors by the end of next week, all but 2 running at 1.5Gig or higher....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Motion carried.

Richard, we expect to see some nice graphs, with pretty colors that show the intersection of our climbing stats with other teams stats.

Hehe, yeah, in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have posted that :$:P;)
Rich M