Conundrum

Tips for cooking a good Filet Mignon?

It came out perrrrrrrfect. I warned my husband I was trying something new and it could potentially be disasterous, BUT! it came out wonderfully. Nice and tender and juicy as hell. I used the recipe I posted earlier and it was excellent.

Thanks for the tips everyone! :)I had to take a pic because I was so proud of myself. :D

http://www.flymach1.com/filet1.jpg

It came out perrrrrrrfect. I warned my husband I was trying something new and it could potentially be disasterous, BUT! it came out wonderfully. Nice and tender and juicy as hell. I used the recipe I posted earlier and it was excellent.

Thanks for the tips everyone! :)I had to take a pic because I was so proud of myself. :D

I love you.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Who the hell posts pictures of their steak on dz.com? :S:ph34r:

I arrived late to this thread, and was just going to recommend (and clarify) kaerodyne's grilling method, but those look like they turned out great! ;) I'm guessing those are scalloped potatos in the back...a nice addition. The green beans though...you should've tried the french green bean recipe I've posted on here. B|

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

THAT looks bloody YUMMY! B|B|
'Shell

Who the hell posts pictures of their steak on dz.com? :S:ph34r:

I arrived late to this thread, and was just going to recommend (and clarify) kaerodyne's grilling method, but those look like they turned out great! ;) I'm guessing those are scalloped potatos in the back...a nice addition. The green beans though...you should've tried the french green bean recipe I've posted on here. B|

Blues,
Dave

I would have suggested since your grilling Fillet, you can take some fresh asparagus spears, (medium thickness) add olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic, and grill till soft .... make sure to turn them to avoid burning, but you want some grill action on there.

Once ready, serve with a little balsamic vinegar, shaved parmesan cheese and diced sun dried tomatoes :)