Lindercles

The effect of MySpace on family dynamics

This video presents an interesting sociological issue of the technology age. Discuss.

That kid needs an ass whoopin and some serious counselling - tim,e for parents to take charge of SOMETHING!.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I only got through the first two minutes.

WTF?

I don't think MySpace is the problem. Where did the child get the idea it was OK to cuss, throw-up the middle finger and ask someone to die? Er, "fucking die" as it were. [:/]

MySpace merely adds to the problem.

I still have yet to visit MySpace for a second time. The first was a couple years ago when a friend e-mailed me with an "invite". I thought she was having a party. THAT would have been cool.

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I think it's less about the sociological issue of technology and more about poor parenting skills. The older kids seem ok but the parents must have been worn out by the time the youngest one came along.

If that was my kid, he wouldn't even have access to a computer if I saw that behavior. :|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't think MySpace is the problem. Where did the child get the idea it was OK to cuss, throw-up the middle finger and ask someone to die? Er, "fucking die" as it were.

It appears that he is the baby of the family with two older brothers. My guess is that he has had some sort of trauma inflicted on him by the older brothers (as they do) and that he is now acting out because of it. Of course the brother appear to be well-behaved in the video, but they are delighting in provoking the kid, and they are teenage boys, so . . .

Well, that's my psychological evaluation of the situation, after watching about a quarter of the video. :ph34r:

It's possible. But, I know plenty of well-abused-by-older-brother boys (Billy! :D:P) that turned out just fine--I'm certain it had something to do with good parenting.

Oh my gosh, I still cannot believe the stories of what Bill's older brother did to him. Boys are bad. Bad! B|

:D

:P

I don't think MySpace is the problem.

I think it's less about the sociological issue of technology and more about poor parenting skills.

I agree with you both, I just needed an excuse to post a hilarious video in the fitter, happier, more productive bonfire. :D

Someone PLEASE tell me this video isn't for real, because if it is - that is definitely going on the "most disturbing things I've seen" list. :|

I'll have to agree with Skymama on this 1 - myspace is not the problem, it's just a way to prove that kid HAS problems. If he wouldn't be obsessed with myspace, he would be obsessed to something else... That said, I have no words in regard to the parents of this child - mother always said: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all..."

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Yea wow thats disturbing.
I can watch gross things and I can watch annoying things but this is on the far edge of mentally disturbed.
Yes that little kid was nuckin futs but here's what I would guess.

Those older kids habitually torment that little kid. (as kids due) so the kid found myspace. a place where he felt safe enough to talk to what would probably be mostly annonymous people where he could shut them off if he wanted. A place where he didnt feel helpless.

It sounds as if they deleted his page or some shit like that so he was pissed off.

we only saw 7 minutes of it but WTF?

as disturbed as the little kid seemed the older kids are just as bad for "poking the caged animal until it thrashed against the cage."
My photos

My Videos

The older kids seem ok but .....

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1203869886/Myspace_Kid_Flips_Out_

cant say i agree at all.. the older kid is clearly part of the problem.. this is no different than tormenting him over his favorite toy/stuffed animal or other object he cared about..

the older kids are as responsible for the younger one as the parents are and became the abusive asshats they are BECAUSE of the parents poor skills with them as well..

pretty much everyone involved in this disgrace needs a serious ass beating.... its sad that anyone thinks tormenting the younger (over anything really WTF cares if its 'only my space')

more evidence of a dysfunctional society

The older kids seem ok but .....

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1203869886/Myspace_Kid_Flips_Out_

cant say i agree at all.. the older kid is clearly part of the problem.. this is no different than tormenting him over his favorite toy/stuffed animal or other object he cared about..

the older kids are as responsible for the younger one as the parents are and became the abusive asshats they are BECAUSE of the parents poor skills with them as well..

pretty much everyone involved in this disgrace needs a serious ass beating.... its sad that anyone thinks tormenting the younger (over anything really WTF cares if its 'only my space')

more evidence of a dysfunctional society

I agree that the older kids are clearly tormenting the younger and should be held responsible. However they shouldn't be held responsible for their younger sibling. The parents are the only legally responsible persons. Where are they? The siblings have no authority over their younger sibling and shouldn't be held accountable for him. The parents should actually be there to protect that poor kid from the older kids and find out what is going on and fix it.

No child should have a myspace account without supervision. (period) There is so much crap on myspace and without supervision children shouldn't be there. Again, where are the parents?

you are correct.. I should have clarified "responsible for the way the younger one is behaving" by tormenting him continually (there is no chance this was the 'first time' they did this, it is just the point at which they realized they could actually make a video of it).

The parents are ultimately responsible for the entire mess.

The parents should actually be there to protect that poor kid from the older kids and find out what is going on and fix it.

No child should have a myspace account without supervision. (period) There is so much crap on myspace and without supervision children shouldn't be there. Again, where are the parents?

Amen.