GQ_jumper

Hangover food

I meant the Gatorade for after! LOL

B-vit's before. Really.

I heard that one before, couple of pilots once told me a glass of milk or cheese before going to bed... Go figure!! Also, heard there's nothing like oxygen on high altitude jump in the morning to clear things up;)
Today is a better day!!!

Subway... delicious, and does the trick.

Also, I read (in a book) not too long ago that vodka is a great hangover cure. Something about the enzymes in vodka replace whatever is missing in your blood cells or something.

If somebody already said that, I'm sorry... I didn't read any of the other posts.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Kebab, or any other dish consisting of lots of meat and even more garlic sauce.

After a decent binge I tend to crave this anyway. :)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Vodka tends to be the cause of my worst hangovers so I have a hard time believing its a cure.

Vodka is a very clean liquor, it's usually what you choose to mix it with that gives you the hangover, like red bull, that's the worst for hangovers.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

ive heard bloody marys suggested many times as a 'hangover cure'.
but then again, my opinion could be biased...i Really like bloody marys. :)

So here is the hypothesis on why bloody marys make hangovers feel better:
The bloody mary contains alcohol and juice. When you drink them you body stops working on processing the alcohol in your system, and goes to town moving the new alcohol to your blood stream or whatever. So you feel better for a while because your not metabolism alcohol in the same way while your drinking. In that period of time you have drank the tomato juice and hopefully some water. Given that a hangover is caused a lot from dehydration. By the time you body gets back to metabolism alcohol you have drank fluids and rehydrated some. So you feel better.

I have no proof to support this, but it sounds good, and I really like bloody marys.

Vodka tends to be the cause of my worst hangovers so I have a hard time believing its a cure.:S

According to my research, here is a summary of cures and common things people THINK are cures

Coffee-- Does NOT sober you up, only makes you more wide-awake drunk. Caffeine provides a natural cure for a headache, often accredited to helping "cure" a hangover. If coffee is consumed, counter it with two-parts water, because it's gonna come back and kick your ass when the coffee dehydrates you.

Juice/Vitamin C-- Fastest cure to a hangover for most people. Provides the body with what it needs to oust the crap you put into it. (I will back this one by saying I usually find myself at the jug of OJ right before I pass out and right after I wake up; always seemed to make me feel better). Also, I got a phone call at 7AM sunday morning which couldn't be ignored... I was trying to talk while find a way to counter the room from spinning. I reached for a bottle of water, chugged most of it, topped it off with some Emergen-C. By the time I got off the phone, I felt infinitely better.

And I would like to correct my earlier statement about Vodka being a cure for a hangover... I found the article again, and apparently didn't comprehend it as well as I should have. Here is what it actually says:

Hate hangovers? Drink Vodka!
Ever wonder what causes a hangover? It isn't the alcohol in the beverage-not the alcohol responsible for the hangover is a byproduct of fermentation known as methanol. Dark wines, cognac, fruit brandies, and whiskies contain the most ethanol, while vodka has almost none. Enzymes in the body convert methanol to formaldehyde, which causes the symptoms. These enzymes actually prefer ethanol as their meal-hence the hair-of-the-dog treatment for hangovers. Taking another drink provides the enzymes with the ethanol, and while they gorge on this, the methanol is excreted. In the doses found in beverages, methanol may be annoying but not dangerous. In high doses methanol can intoxicate and is sometimes passed off as regular alcohol by bootleggers, and in such amounts in can be lethal.

It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye