kallend

Thank you Travelocity - NOT

I'll concede while I compared many possible ways, I did not compare also to a travel agent.

If it's all you say then it's worth checking out next time. In fact, I'm getting ready to plan a two-week vacation that includes CA wine country later this year. I'll consult a travel agent and see what they can work up for me and compare to what I work up myself.

:)
I shop everything to death anyways. :$:D

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

A wise choice. Many people think travel agents are expensive when in reality the opposite is true. I'll bet your agent will present you with choices you never thought of at prices that'll make you say Hmmm
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Yesterday, I used travelocity just to check which airlines flew into a certain city. Then I went direct to that airlines website. The US Airways flight was $50 cheaper AND was just one airline (the travelocity plan had me not only switching planes, but also switching airlines! In Ohare! which could be quite a hop from one plane to the other!)

Just thought I'd update. Travelocity still can't bring themselves to acknowledge that they told me the trip was cancelled. I FAXED them their email complete with all the headers so they could trace it, but they simply procrastinate and prevaricate.

I also sent all the documentation to American Express, who HAVE responded positively.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just thought I'd update. Travelocity still can't bring themselves to acknowledge that they told me the trip was cancelled. I FAXED them their email complete with all the headers so they could trace it, but they simply procrastinate and prevaricate.

I also sent all the documentation to American Express, who HAVE responded positively.

There is a website, damned if I can remember it, where you can rant about a certain business that has fucked you in the ass and embarrass the crap out of them. Nothing like bad and negative publicity, which they deserve, to straighten this out if they haven't already.

Still, that's fucked up shit. I've used Travelocity before but I've been lucky not to get screwed by them. I've been using Expedia for the past few years though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Half a "woo hoo". Veronica from Travelocity's consumer relations called yesterday. They finally admit they screwed up and will reimburse me. The other half of the "woo hoo" will be when I actually get the reimbursement.

Judging by the accent, Veronica was not in Bangalore.

There is a website, damned if I can remember it, where you can rant about a certain business that has fucked you in the ass and embarrass the crap out of them. Nothing like bad and negative publicity, which they deserve, to straighten this out if they haven't already.

Still, that's fucked up shit. I've used Travelocity before but I've been lucky not to get screwed by them. I've been using Expedia for the past few years though.

www.ripoffreport.com
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

www.ripoffreport.com

Ah thank you. Now I know what to forward to anybody who's gotten ripped off by Skyride! :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess I got lucky. I used one of those travel sites - actually, I'm pretty sure it was Travelocity. Everything was as promised and in my eyes, I got a pretty good bargain.

On the other hand, I didn't have to do any cancelling or really have any contact with them at all, so I guess that may have something to do with the pleasant experience.

My hotel did have some issues, though! That's a whole other story..

Ah thank you. Now I know what to forward to anybody who's gotten ripped off by Skyride!

.... 5 people have already complained about Skyride on this site! There are postings from 01/09; 03/06; 06/06; 10/06; and 02/08.

Yep, I saw those... there are a LOT more out there that haven't used this site.

Travelocity has surprised me.:o

I'm happy for your half woo-hoo. Looking forward to the other half.:)
Glad it looks like it is working out for you John.

0.5*(woo hoo)

Reimbursed yesterday.:)