Andy_Copland

Does Ebay Stink?

I've only used it to get something I really needed, like a replacement part for a tool or appliance, so I've had no problems. There are scammers out there too... I just haven't been hit by one.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I buy EVERYTHING on ebay. I refuse to pay full price for most things....:)
Never had any complaints...you have to know how to use it, be aware of scammers, and pay attention to feedback.

I've also had no issues with profiting and selling on ebay...like the person in that link.
:)

so far my luck has been good. I have bought 2 quads, and sold one, bought a ton of parts on there for quads, tools, all kinds of stuff. like it was stated before feedback and good communication IS everything.
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Good for him. However he might find that eventually he'll want to expand, which costs money, which means he'll have to charge more.

One does have to wonder how greedy EBAY has become with their fees. Do the quick math. They take a percentage of your sales price. How many items are sold on ebay every day?? I think they are doing just fine as far as money goes.

It's all about the stockholders though isn't it.[:/]

Skymama's #2 stalker -

I am a chronic Ebay user.
I will go there, as opposed to going to most local stores for things like electronics, jewelry, tools etc.

I've spent better then 20K (mostly on company stuff) on Ebay, and to date only had one minor problem.

Hell I've even bought a few nice watches from Singapore :S and they have all been authentic.

I also bought a "rig" lol that was not stolen. :D

As stated above, "..feedback IS everything"

Do your homework. If it IS too good to be true, it probably is.

Just my $.02

Doug.

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

You stated he was planning on starting an "ebay" with lower fees...

His article isn't 100% factual, many of his complaints I've never heard of...and I buy and sell on ebay all the time.
Hence the "gimmick" comment. The fees aren't terrible if you know how to list things. Their fees, IMO, have gotten better this year. Things are cheaper and some have even become free.

I'm pretty far from "wealthy elite" btw